MrSoft

PPI Claims company demanding fees for work not done

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2527 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

A PPI claims company took on my claim for mis-sold PPI, after I had initiated the claim myself and it had gone as far as the Financial Ombudsman who had all the details and were dealing with it. They said they could still pursue it separately and achieve a larger pay-out because they knew all the legal angles. I filled in all the appropriate forms for them, and very shortly afterwards,received notification from the Ombudsman that the claim had been successful and that payment would follow. I asked about the claims which the claims company had sent in, and was told they hadn't yet been picked up.

Following this, I received directly from RBS, 3 cheques for mis-sold PPI from 3 different loans I had taken out with them.

About a month later, I received a letter from the claims company demanding payment of fees relating to these pay-outs. Apart from the amount they asked for being totally incorrect and far more than the percentage they had quoted for their fee, I am not convinced that the claims they pursued were ever taken up. I asked for a proper invoice, detailing their fees, but was sent a second reminder, followed by a phone call from the company.

I suggested to them that the pay-out I had been awarded was the result of my own claim, and not theirs, and said that I would be willing to take the matter to court if necessary.

I then heard absolutely nothing for 9 months, then received a letter threatening court action if their fees were not paid.They also offered me a reduced payment if I paid within 7 days.

I really don't know where to go with this now - whether it would be worth fighting for or whether I would be getting involved in a legal and financial nightmare.

Can anyone advise please?

Which claims company is it?

Get in touch with fos and get them to confirm in writing that they actioned your complaint and not a subsequent one.

Also get in touch with RBS and get them to confirm in writing that it was your fos complaint that they acted on and nothing else.

IMHO this is the best chance you have of securing the evidence that the claims were paid as a result of your efforts and not the actions of a third party.

Once you have secured this evidence you would IMHO have a reasnable chance of fending off any court action that the claims company may bring.

I'm not going to go into why claims companies should NEVER be used...what is done is done but hopefully you won't entertain using one again.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS