samu99

Equidebt discount letters, now Weightmann LLP - old RBS debt.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2513 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I received a letter from Weightmans for their client Equidebt for a debt from RBS CC. I had received several letters from Equidebt offering discounts but I ignored it. I've checked my CF and there is nothing showing regarding this.

The letter said I must contact their Commercial Recoveries team by 19 Nov at 4pm to arrange a suitable arrangement for repayment of the balance due. If you are bot in a position to pay the balance in full immediately, our client may be prepared to agree a repayment plan for you to pay the balance by monthly instalments.

If you so not contact us, we will notify our client and they may instruct us to issue a County Court proceeding against you. In the event that the proceedings are issued, you would have an opportunity to defend the claim but, if you don't have a defence, we would pally a CCJ to be entered against you.

We look forward to hearing from you.

SHOULD I IGNORE THIS LETTER OR SHOULD I SEND A LETTER? If I should send a letter what letter should I send? Thank you

Regards

no ignore

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

You are in receipt of a standard threat-o-gram.

The threats are ifs, but and maybes and the deadlines are completely arbitrary. Some letters will give you 48 hours, but pre-date the letter by 5 days just to make you panic.

These letters are designed for one thing only - to get you on the phone in a state of panic so they can bully you in to a repayment plan that suits them and not you.

Thread move to the General Debt Issues section.

Is there any chance the debt may be statute barred ?

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Is there any chance the debt may be statute barred ?

Well I checked my CF last year and recently and nothing relating to this debt is showing hence it may be SB. Should I send them a SB letter?

Yes I would send the statute barred letter and see what they say.....please keep us posted.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

You are in receipt of a standard threat-o-gram.

The threats are ifs, but and maybes and the deadlines are completely arbitrary. Some letters will give you 48 hours, but pre-date the letter by 5 days just to make you panic.

These letters are designed for one thing only - to get you on the phone in a state of panic so they can bully you in to a repayment plan that suits them and not you.

Sorry, I hit the wrong button in error to reply. I thought so but wanted to make sure.These people are so rude. There is nothing on my CF.

Yes I would send the statute barred letter and see what they say.....please keep us posted.

Thanks 42man. Where can I find the standard letter please?

Send it recorded delivery too...

Send it recorded delivery too...

Thank you. I will keep you updated .. Letter of to them today.

I've sent letter SB letter off to Weighman and not received any acknowledgement or response.... I will post again if I hear anything.

I've sent letter SB letter off to Weighman and not received any acknowledgement or response.... I will post again if I hear anything.
Not surprised. W deny receiving even recorded letters, with signatures! How old is the alleged debt. Has any payment or acknowledgement been made in the last six years? t