• Tweets

• you could ahve got 5 hours of LiP research as part of an unreasonable behaviours costs claim. slapping in a vrbal request for 10 hours was bound to fail I'm afraid. Note to all others rweading this post, you take a letter with you with all of your costs laid out in it and submit it  to court when you beat off the claim. the judge has discretion on whetehr to award a bean or a million quid but if you dotn have anything on paper you get you bus fare at best
    • I would have sent it to the eviction team as they are the ones threatening you.................  guess you'll just have to wait and see if complaints pass it on.   You could always email a copy to the eviction team if you have their email add.
    • Hey all done a lot of forum searching etc and im trying to get all my documents in order to send off the n244 set aside ccj form,.  So far.....i have done the below but feel like im not doing it right?   In the County Court at Stockport Claim No:    LOWELL SOLICITORS Claimant And   MR  Defendant   Witness statement 1.    I understand that the Claimant obtained a Default Judgement against me as the Defendant in JUNE 2019. However, this claim form has not been served at my current address and I thus was not aware of the Default Judgement until September 2019 when I was doing a routine check on my credit file. I understand that this Claim was served at an old address 15 Armadale Close. However, I moved to a new address in September 2011 and I moved from 15 Armadale close in 2008. In support of this I can provide confirmation from Stockport County Council showing my updated details for the purposes of paying Council tax. 2.    I requested a sar from Lowell solicitors which shows them contacting me at my current address and not needing to contact an address where I never took credit or moved form 11 years ago. 3.     It is denied that the Defendant owes the Claimant £3154.09 as stated in their particulars of on the 15/05/2019 4.    I have never received agreement & default notice from Lowell solicitors ltd. 5.     On the 12/11/2019 I sent a formal request for a copy of the original agreement to Lowell Suitors pursuant to section 77 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee. 6.    I request the court orders the Claimants to provide the necessary documentation for me to fully plead my case else the Claim should stand struck out. 7.    In the event that the relevant documents are received from the Claimants I will then be in a position to amend my defence and would ask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment. Statement of Truth The contents of my statement are true to the best of my knowledge and belief Signed:  Dated: 12/11/2019     also     IN THE STOCKPORT COUNTY COURT Claim No. F1HK1E62 BETWEEN: LOWELL SOLICITORS Claimant – and – Defendant   _________________________________ DRAFT ORDER _________________________________   Upon reading the defendant’s application dated 15th May 2019 It is ordered that: 1. The judgment dated 18/06/2019 be set aside. 2. The Defendant has filed a witness statement enclosed with application 3. The Claimant do pay the Defendant’s costs of this application to the sum of £255 4. The Claimant has permission to file and serve a reply if so required.          
    • Have a look at FOS on trustpillooot someone has just made a nice post about 4 hours ago:)
    • I believe they said they have ceased trading but the company itself is still active. I contacted companies House and also the insolvency register. I believe they have lied to get us off their tracks. Emc were previously Surrey First Cars. I have been doing a lot of investigating lately. I also know as of 9th October a new company has been registered for car sales at the EMC premises. However, as I mentioned chobham motors is still trading which is owned by Crown motor.    Edit- just found my agreement with wmsgroup for third party insurance. The dealer name on it actually says EMC CAR SALES/COBHAM CENTRAL GARAGE   
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2555 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I had a CCJ made against in 2008 by a DCA company

I think this debt is wrong

can i still take it back to court or is it too late.

The debt is paid off

but thay cant tell me who they bought the debt off

and i dont now were its from

I just went along with it as they were trying to make me bankrupt

i had a lot of debt but didnt check every thing,

what I need to now is ,if they cant produce a signed credit agreement

can I chase them for the money I paid them.

Thank you.

The debt was established in law by the CCJ. At this point in time that means that a credit agreement (in fact the Consumer Credit Act) does not apply.

You would need to get back to the position you were in before the CCJ if you were to start looking in to the validity of the debt.

I am not an expert so I cannot tell you if too much time has passed, but I do know that you would need to get the CCJ "set aside" to do this.

If it was me, I would mark it up to experience and move on.

It will drop off your credit file in 2 years.

Didn't the PoC give a clue to the debt when you first got the papers?

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

I think I would agree with Bandit in this respect - I think you might have left it too late.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks probably but had that many debts and dca chasing me you carnt always keep track of them

Thanks every for your replies yes i may have to let this one go I ll see how fare I can take and let ya now.

I think you should still question the DCA as to what this debt is about.

You may need to SAR them to get all the info they hold on you.

I think I would agree with Bandit in this respect - I think you might have left it too late.

Totally agree. A Set aside application must be made 'promptly'. An application two years down the line is highly likely to be refused.