style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2528 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

If in the wrong forum please move to the appropriate forum. Thanks.

In May 2011 we purchased a front towing cover for our caravan. This prevents stone chips on the front of the caravan from stones being thrown up when travelling. We had to supply them with details of the caravan etc indicating that the cover was made especially for our type of caravan.

On arrival and before fitting the first thing I noticed that there were no see through panels for the front lights and reflectors. I contacted them immediately to complain and was given a story that the lights could be seen through the material. At the time I did not think of the reflectors which I now believe are a legal requirement on a trailer.

I told the company that we were unhappy with our purchase and that as it was within the 7 days under the DSR I wanted to cancel. I was told that as per their terms and conditions we could not as the cover was made specially for the caravan. Unfortunately I foolishly accepted this and it was only later I found out that the front towing cover was a universal fit.

During the summer we were towing in the daylight and had no issues, however now that the days are short and murky, we have discovered that on a murky day the lights are not really visible and of course the reflectors cannot be seen. At light the lights are a subdued glow, but again no reflectors visible.

We are of the opinion that the front towing cover is not fit for purpose under SOGA as it doesn't comply with the laws of the land as a trailer should have the front lights clearly visible along with the front reflectors. The cover was purchased using a debit card. What sort of action can we take now? Thanks.

Can any one confirm the law regarding trailers and their lighting? A link would be appreciated. Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

• Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

Surfer as you bought it may 2011 how is it you didn't notice this problem last winter? Or did you mean 2012?.

Oops sorry that should be May 2012. Thanks for pointing it out.

I am wondering if this would be the applicable clause that I could use to raise a dispute;

Restrictions on the obscuration of certain obligatory lamps and reflectors19. Every vehicle shall be so constructed that at least part of the apparent surface of any–

(a)front and rear position lamp,

(b)front and rear direction indicator, and

©rear retro reflector,

which is required by these Regulations to be fitted to a vehicle is visible when the vehicle is viewed from any point directly in front of or behind the lamp or reflector, as appropriate, when every door, tailgate, boot lid, engine cover, cab or other movable part of the vehicle is in a fixed open position.