morgan48

How to ask Mercedes for a contribution towards well known issue ?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2528 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I've just been quoted £600+ for a sam replacement, due to water ingress. It's the first time my roadster experiences the usual symptoms, lights going on and off, handbrake light going on/off whilst driving....

After doing a few research on the net, I was amazed by the amount of people experiencing leaks with their roadsters and especially ones that cause the SAM to go bust. I've even stumbled across a 60 pages long internal Smart procedure for fixing leaks on roadsters. Even though my roadster is 8 years old and has done 57,000 miles, I was not expecting the SAM unit to go so early, especially since my local dealer said it had been damaged by water!

With a Full Mercedes/smart service History, I was hoping they'd fixed the leaks pro-actively !! Nonetheless, I've aked my dealer to request a contribution from Smart through the ESKULAB process. That was denied. I then call Mercedes directly, and they said "We do not recognize this as an issue for that model, else we would have organized a recall".

Considering the very well known water leak issues on the Roadsters, I don't want to pay for the repairs. Would anybody know what can be done next to have Smart/Mercedes fix their flawed design at their expenses?

Thanks in advance,

Morgan

Best of luck with this, I have an SL55 AMG which had an ABC pump failure looking on the internet this was not that rare of an occurence but Mercedes refuses to see it as an issue