Job Centre Plus - CCO Visit

Andyglover63
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Each

Had an odd request from my neighbour that she has received a letter for a home vist for JC+ via a customer compliance officer.

Would this just be to satisfy a recent claim ? I have stated that as it is not being held under caution it is probably just to as I say to assess a recent claim, but thought I would check

Andy G

Hi Each

Had an odd request from my neighbour that she has received a letter for a home vist for JC+ via a customer compliance officer.

Would this just be to satisfy a recent claim ? I have stated that as it is not being held under caution it is probably just to as I say to assess a recent claim, but thought I would check

Andy G

The visit is likely to be procedural.... occasionally, Job Centre Plus Staff will randomly visit claimants, one reason being to identify claimants who are working but who failed to declare the change in circumstances.

Hi all

Further to this thread it seems that my neighbour has actually taken in a non paying lodger , a close friend , who does not pay rent but works, as it is a temporary situation.

Is this classed as benefit fraud ? The claim she makes is for ESA , which could explain a visit from cco ?

Any advice on this would be gratefully received.

Andy G

Hi all

Further to this thread it seems that my neighbour has actually taken in a non paying lodger , a close friend , who does not pay rent but works, as it is a temporary situation.

Is this classed as benefit fraud ? The claim she makes is for ESA , which could explain a visit from cco ?

Any advice on this would be gratefully received.

Andy G

If the only benefit she claims is contribution based ESA then no it is not fraud. If she claims anything else, maybe. Invesitgations can be made with regards to living together as a couple, or with regards to possible income.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

If the only benefit she claims is contribution based ESA then no it is not fraud. If she claims anything else, maybe. Invesitgations can be made with regards to living together as a couple, or with regards to possible income.

Hi estellyn

It is contribution based and ceases in a few weeks time due to the 12 month maximum period.

She has had to submit a new claim as from Nov 2o ESA stops, I am guessing they need to assess her living style ? I think her lodgers ex partner may try to be causing issues, but possibly they are assessing her new claim.

Gosh this seems too involved, how can people defraud....... What will they be looking for in living arrangements any idea ?

Andy G

Edited by Andyglover63