style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2399 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello there. Is there anyone one on here that would be able to advise on a planning query ? I wont bore you with the details until I know I am in the relevant section. Thanks :-)

Hi just wanted to know if anyone knew anything about objecting to planning ? A bungalow directly behind me has been bought and they plan to make it a dorma bungalow with 3 dorma windows that will look directly upon me, my garden and directly over where my conservatory will be ? It will also affect my light but it is the windows that bother me more. At present we are completely private. It is why we bought this particular house :( Neighbour has been round to discuss but doesn't seem to really be listening to what we are saying. Thanks for reading

you just need to write to the planning dept. with your objection and the reasons behind it.

There are rules about windows of a habital room overlooking adjacent property within a certain distance of the boundary.

cant see how dorma windows would affect your light tho.!

Thanks for reply. Obviously dorma windows will not affect my light but I am quite a bit lower down than the neighbours property and with the distance that they plan to build this house from mine will definitely affect me as the sun comes across that way most of the day.

Thanks for the links but I do realise that light won't affect my garden. It will affect the light coming into my rooms on that side of the house though as it is pretty close. TBH I think we crossed wires here raydetinu as it is more the dorma windows that I was hoping to get advice about and my loss of privacy. Maybe I didn't explain my self properly in previous post :-)

As said there are rules that govern the distance from proposed habital rooms adjacent to a neighbours boundary. You need to point this out to the planning department. They are the ones that make the decisions.

Have written to the planning dept yet?

you can look the rules up on line.

No I haven't written to planning yet as the plans haven't gone in yet. Neighbour has just been round twice to discuss with us. Last visit we suggested could he possibly move the property back as he has quite a chunk of land at the back.

well hope info. usefull?

suggest you get him to contact planning to discuss before he makes application, so he makes sure he does not contravene rules, that will delay his consent.

once his application goes in you will be informed by council so you can view submission on line or at offices and that is when you can comment and/or object etc.

Quick update. We wrote to planning officer with our objections. Outcome was that planning was approved with conditions that all windows on our side have obscured glass and top openers only.Cheers

thanks for update, always nice.

just keep an eye on it, and make sure he follows the conditions.

Hi FD and thanks for the update.

I'm sure the building will comply with the conditions and I hope you feel comfortable with it in time.

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)