Is it mandatory to sign a work programme action plan?

arcalite
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive successfully refused to sign the data protection waiver and the other form that lets them harass any future employer for money, but i havent been confronted with this "action plan" yet. Ive read from the doNOTsign website that it is not mandatory and i dont have to sign it although i do have to complete mandatory activities, however this thread makes mention of the action plan after 13 weeks:

Shoot i cant post links until i hit 10 posts. Its a thread titled "Can my Work Programme provider force me to apply for jobs?" and as of right now its at the bottom of page 4.

Does that just apply to people who have signed the action plan already? I can safely refuse it and stick with my original JSAg right?

PS Great site guys! Especially that ingeus thread, although im paired up with a sub contractor of working links the knowledge ive gained through reading everyone's posts and experiences has armored me with confidence when dealing with these work programme edited they will find me quite unprofitable in or out of work!

Edited by MARTIN3030

I think that if you do more than the Work Plan specifies, ie apply for far more jobs, then you should get extra money - maybe 50p per job applied for above your 'quota'

But then this would go against the system as more people applying for more jobs would at some point have a knock on effect when the people become employed and the work providers don't have any punters!

Hi,

Yes you will be sanctioned if you don't sign, I wasn't going to sign when I was been put on the work programme but my advicer said if I didn't sign then my JSA Will be stopped.

i dont believe you do have to sign...your contract is with the JCP where your action plan is a valid contract in order to access your JSA if they are badgering you to sign...do not refuse, ask to take the form away so you can read it before signing, and get it checked....also ask them to sign a letter that it is mandatory to sign the document, and have a look at the regulations, also make sure you are recording the conversation and let them know you are recording...

Action Plans are sometimes used alongside the Jobseeker’s Agreement

where this is helpful, but there is no associated mandatory requirement to sign one.”

DWP Central FoI Team

“I would advise you that the signing of a Work Programme provider’s action plan and/or agreement form are entirely voluntary and no sanctions would be applied to any claimant who refused to sign them…The signing of the above mentioned forms is not classed as such an activity*.” *IE: A Mandatory Activity

DWP Central FoI Team

Job Seekers Agrrements are only valid for a maximum period of 13 weeks after that date they must be renewed, when you are assigned to the work programme they become your new adviser and therefore the action plan replaces the Job Seekers Agreement.

If you do not agree and sign the action plan they will refer to DMA for consideration of a sanction.