Work And Support Allowance Stopped

Mack7000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, basically, I've had my benefits stopped, I've got Bi-Polar and Social Anxiety Disorder, I only ever leave the house to go the Doctors and I've probably only left the house 9 or 10 times these past 2 years, I was due an ATOS medical maybe 7 months ago and when I got the letter I panicked and phoned them to tell them I wasn't going, a week after I was due to go, I got a letter saying my benefits had been stopped so I wrote them a letter appealing and reiterated I have Social Anxiety and a week or two later my benefits went on like normal.

About 6 weeks ago I got another letter to attend the ATOS medical, I again phoned them and told them I wouldn't be going but they were free to come my house. A week later I got the letter saying my benefits had been stopped again so I appealed again and pretty angrily this time. My benefits restarted and then I got a letter last week dated October 9th, saying they'd reviewed my case and I was no longer due any benefits as they deem me fit to work and to apply for JSA.

I just feel like I'm banging my head off a brick wall, I don't want to be like this, I worked hard all my life, coping with the undiagnosed at the time Bi-Polar until it got worse and I spiralled down into a black hole, I forced myself to the Doctors because I knew my life was over if I didn't and over the past year I've gradually rebuilt my confidence and my life back, I'm by no means ready to go back out in to the wild yet though, but I'm getting there slowly.

Is there anything I can do? If worst comes to worst, I'll do without the benefits and starve, they will not force me out until I'm ready though.

Hi, basically, I've had my benefits stopped, I've got Bi-Polar and Social Anxiety Disorder, I only ever leave the house to go the Doctors and I've probably only left the house 9 or 10 times these past 2 years, I was due an ATOS medical maybe 7 months ago and when I got the letter I panicked and phoned them to tell them I wasn't going, a week after I was due to go, I got a letter saying my benefits had been stopped so I wrote them a letter appealing and reiterated I have Social Anxiety and a week or two later my benefits went on like normal.

About 6 weeks ago I got another letter to attend the ATOS medical, I again phoned them and told them I wouldn't be going but they were free to come my house. A week later I got the letter saying my benefits had been stopped again so I appealed again and pretty angrily this time. My benefits restarted and then I got a letter last week dated October 9th, saying they'd reviewed my case and I was no longer due any benefits as they deem me fit to work and to apply for JSA.

I just feel like I'm banging my head off a brick wall, I don't want to be like this, I worked hard all my life, coping with the undiagnosed at the time Bi-Polar until it got worse and I spiralled down into a black hole, I forced myself to the Doctors because I knew my life was over if I didn't and over the past year I've gradually rebuilt my confidence and my life back, I'm by no means ready to go back out in to the wild yet though, but I'm getting there slowly.

Is there anything I can do? If worst comes to worst, I'll do without the benefits and starve, they will not force me out until I'm ready though.

If your GP had written or faxed advising that a home medical was the only option then you may have saved yourself all this grief.

Hello there.

I hope the guys in the know will be along later. I think you need to argue this within the system, because as you've seen, making your own decisions can cause you grief. Do you have the support of your Community Mental Health team?

I hope there will be some ideas for you

Illegitimi non carborundum