Young women warned over December car insurance rise

Conniff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Women are being urged to check their car insurance ahead of a new rule coming into force next month which will ban firms from taking gender into account.

It means female drivers will see their premiums go up by as much as 25% after 21 December.

Some insurers say it might even be cheaper to cancel a policy and sign a new deal before the changes come in.

More ...

It was obvious they would up the womens policy and not lower the mens. This is twice now the government has forced extra profit on insurance companies and forced us to pay more.

First was the con of the 'continuous insurance' and now the 'no gender concessions'. Are MPs shareholders in insurance companies, it would seem that way.

This is to bring premiums into line with male drivers under discrimination rules I believe. If so, wouldn't it be better to reduce young male driver's premiums by 25% and that they can leave female premiums alone? Or am I not living on this planet!

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

It was obvious they would up the womens policy and not lower the mens. This is twice now the government has forced extra profit on insurance companies and forced us to pay more.

First was the con of the 'continuous insurance' and now the 'no gender concessions'. Are MPs shareholders in insurance companies, it would seem that way.

The gender change is an EU ruling, not a UK government one I don't think you can blaim them for this one Conniff. You are of course corret about the continuous insurance fiasco

This is to bring premiums into line with male drivers under discrimination rules I believe. If so, wouldn't it be better to reduce young male driver's premiums by 25% and that they can leave female premiums alone? Or am I not living on this planet!

Please Note

:rofl:Dream cucoo planet I fear sailor sam :rofl:

I'm a newish driver and this years premium worked out at £1770, despite a years no claims. I'm 26 and run a group 7 vehicle which is gutless, unlikely ever to be stolen and is valued by the insurers at £550. Fiance owned the car previously - possibly why its unattractive to thieves - is 31 with four years no claims and his last premium was £ 388.

My policy comes up again in July, with any luck they will have backed down through pressure.