MBNA PPI Award “Interpretative” Calculations?

AfterMidnight
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2577 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly, MBNA know the rules of the Game and;

exactly how the FOS system works...!

They sure do, you sit in the FOS queue for 18 months, MBNA then drag out the adjudicators response for 12 months. Find the decisions not in their favour ,drag it out for a couple of months saying they will respond. It then takes 3 weeks to get in the ombudsman queue. (Both parties have to be written too and given a chance to respond). It will then sit in the ombudsman office for 12 to 18 months before its looked at.

I'm thinking will be 2017 before near to having a decision. That's six years from raising the initial complaint.

Just looking at my most recent credit report, last search on me was Bank of America. Not dealt with them for four years what are they are up to?

Surely, MBNA must have charged off and sold your account years ago!?

MBNA sold my debt to Max Recovery in 2011, I will be asking the question.

If that is the case then MBNA are no longer, "the Creditor".

"Do companies need my consent to carry out a credit search?

The DPA doesn’t actually require these companies to have gained your consent before they can carry out a search of your credit file as long as they have a "legitimate reason" for doing so and you have been told that this search is going to take place. If you have taken out a loan or credit card you will probably find this in the original terms and conditions that you signed."

It will be most interesting to find out what "legitimate reason" they give -

and for having done so without prior informing you!

• 3 weeks later...

Another 3 weeks passes, MBNA's deadline to submit any response before the matter goes to the Ombudsman.

Guess what no response from MBNA. What bugs me is if they make a submission whilst it sit in the queue for the next 12-18 months it will be taking into account.

The 3 weeks should be the cut-off after that point any further submission from MBNA should be ignored.

Another 3 weeks passes, MBNA's deadline to submit any response before the matter goes to the Ombudsman.

Guess what no response from MBNA. What bugs me is if they make a submission whilst it sit in the queue for the next 12-18 months it will be taking into account.

The 3 weeks should be the cut-off after that point any further submission from MBNA should be ignored.

What on earth are the FOS doing!?

As ever MBNA run rings around the FCA & FOS...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello - all

Do you know that this thread is the top hit on google if you search for PPI running calculator.

Could someone please point me to the calculator on this site to do a full calculation on running car PPI.

The Debenhams claim has arisen again with Santander writing to me saying they want to re-assess my claim; I know a lot more now !

Thanks all

• 2 weeks later...
Hello - all

Do you know that this thread is the top hit on google if you search for PPI running calculator.

Could someone please point me to the calculator on this site to do a full calculation on running car PPI.

The Debenhams claim has arisen again with Santander writing to me saying they want to re-assess my claim; I know a lot more now !

Thanks all

And why no fine for MBNA!?

http://www.fca.org.uk/news/lloyds-banking-group-fined-for-failing-to-handle-ppi-complaints-fairly

• 1 month later...
Just phoned FOS - thanks angry cat for reminding me. My case has moved forward since February which I didn't realise so FOS do seem to be working in the background. Its nowhere near the end though..............

GS

What on earth are they (FOS) doing?

They have been provided with the detail plus in depth proof. But still the FOS drag their feet...!?

Rest assured gettingsorted, you are not alone; many of us are still waiting and; not for an ombudsman either. Just for FOS adjudicators to conclude their ridiculously long investigations

I know but at least this time he was able to give me an update and he was fully conversant with my complaint and the paperwork I had sent . he did tell me more but I don't want to expand on it at the moment . To be honest I was satisfied with what he was telling me.

GS

Quick survey perhaps? Of where people are re. MBNA redress method complaint at FOS, and who is active at present (please add a similar line if interested)

AfterMidnight, complained formally Jan 2013: July 2015 = after Adjudicator level, in a queue for Ombudsman level, having submitted yet further summary/report with points for consideration.

Quick survey perhaps? Of where people are re. MBNA redress method complaint at FOS, and who is active at present (please add a similar line if interested)

AfterMidnight, complained formally Jan 2013: July 2015 = after Adjudicator level, in a queue for Ombudsman level, having submitted yet further summary/report with points for consideration.

Complaint to MBNA late 2011, MBNA play silly buggers then fail to correspond

Sent to FOS 2012 assigned adjudicator March 2014

MBNA offer 5K May 14, supply calculation July 2014

Much communication with adjudicator on redress method

Partial Upheld by Adjudicator March 2015

MBNA failed to address Adjudicators concerns given numerous extensions to deadlines but don't respond.

From May 15 waiting to be assigned ombudsman as adjudicator exhausted his powers, MBNA fail to correspond to 3 week deadline of supplying further evidence.

16 August 2013: MBNA final response and logged complaint with FOS same date;

03 February 2014 FOS adjudicator investigating;

06 August 2014 sent of mass complaint letter to FCA, McAusland & Wayman;

13 August 2014 FCA contacting FOS;

19 September 2014 FOS apologise for delay but still looking at calculations;

24 September 2014 FOS still talking to MBNA and looking closely at their calculations;

15 October 2014 FOS state that they do not have the software to enable them to calculate;

29 November 2014 FOS still considering;

02 April 2015 FOS still considering.

Thus so far from 16 August 2013 to date 12 July 2015, almost two years!!!

And what have they done, nothing!?:-x

Just received this from my adjudicator:

Sounds a bit more promising.

I have spoken to my colleague who is dealing directly with MBNA about their offers. He has told me that they have developed a system that they putting forward for the fees and charges. We are currently looking over it in relation to cases where they say no fees and charges are due. If we are happy with it we will then ask them to extend to cases where they agree some fees and charges are due. Your complaint would fall into this category. I have asked for timescales and he couldn’t say exactly but said it could be a little while.

What I thought was that I would send you something next week looking at all your complaint points except the charges. You can then look at this and agree or disagree and we can continue our dialogue until it is resolved to your satisfaction or it will have to go to an ombudsman. This will mean everything except the fees and charges will be ready. By the time that is all done the fees and charges may be resolved or close to resolution and we can deal with that then. Please let me know what you think.