• Tweets

• This is the other sign  parking sign 1a.pdf
    • 4 means that they need to name and then tell the people who will be affected that there has been an application made, what the application relates to (specificially "whether it relates to the exercise of the court’s jurisdiction in relation to P’s property and affairs, or P’s personal welfare, or to both) and what this application contains (i.e what order they want made as a result of it) 5 just means that teh court think it is important that the relevant people are notified 7 means that the court need more information to make the application, hence they have then made the order of paragraph 1 which requires the applicant to do more - this means the court can't make a decision with the current information, and need more, hence paragraph one of the order is for the applicant to do more. paragraph 3 of the order gives you the ability to have it set aside, although if it was made in january you are very late. Were you notiifed of the application or not?    
    • These are the photos of the signs. At the entrance there is a 7h free sign. On some bays there is a permit sign.  Also their official website is misleading as it implies all parking is free.  I can't be certain of the exact parking bay I was in that day, and there was no PCN ticket on my car and no other evidence was provided.  parking sign 2.pdf
    • Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
    • Unless I've got an incorrect copy of the relevant regulation: The PCN is only deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch "unless the contrary is proved" in which case date of delivery does matter (not just date of posting) and I would like clarification of the required standard of proof. It seems perhaps this hasn't been tested. Since post is now barcoded for the Post Office's own tracking purposes perhaps there is some way I can get that evidence from the Post Office...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

MBNA PPI Award “Interpretative” Calculations?

AfterMidnight
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi AM

Had an email yesterday from my case worker - when I saw the heading my stomach started churning !!! but she was only telling that she was on leave...

In the meantime I think I shall do a spreadsheet from my statements showing the minimum payments and what I paid to send to her !!

Will keep you all posted

GS

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GS

Reading you post are you saying you have statements that show the minimum payment required and these minimums don't tie up with declared minimums on the spreadsheet?

I hope I understood that right. If you got that then even the dimest caseworker should be able to get the assumption is incorrect and therefore should not be used.

Hi ken yes i do ....in some its only a couple of pounds but in others more in one case theg have declared a paymeng of 3600 as a minimum. I always used to round it the nearest 10 or 5 . The only time i actually paid the the minimum was when they were taking it as a ddr. I do nog have all the ststements but do have quite a, llot didnt thi k oc doing a spreadsheeg until i read the post earlier this week

Goodnight

Gs

Hi ken yes i do ....in some its only a couple of pounds but in others more in one case theg have declared a paymeng of 3600 as a minimum. I always used to round it the nearest 10 or 5 . The only time i actually paid the the minimum was when they were taking it as a ddr. I do nog have all the ststements but do have quite a, llot didnt thi k oc doing a spreadsheeg until i read the post earlier this week

Goodnight

Gs

I would watch GS, as the MBNA definition of M-for-minimum may relate to the previous month - i.e. you were "billed" one month, but the payment for that features in the next month's calculations, which could explain some of the more really bizarre ones, if not exactly entirely justifying all.

Thanks Ken - I will;

I thought the first thing I would do would basically list the balances and the minimum payments and ould from there : I hope I can work out what the minimum should be from dividing the minimum by the balance - I think they were charging 2 or 2 and half per cent. Will then go to my spreadsheet of the mbna figures and put those down .......will keep in touch

GS

As AMN said the payments will probably be the month after what your statements say.

Not sure by what you mean by working out the minimum? As the minimum as in the real minimum should be displayed on your statement. Otherwise we wouldnt know what was the least we could pay when the account was actually running.

But again as AMN says the Min on say April's statement will relate to what you paid in May. So what you need to compare on your own spreadsheet is the M's on your MBNA spreadsheet against what you paid the same month as the MBNA spreadsheet. Then you will need the previous months Min from your statement. If you paid more than the previous months Min then IMO they have used an assumed payment figure over an actual payment.

Therefore the adjudicator should be able to see they have not used correct figures before they even start with the rest of the calculations. If indeed that is what they have done.

Hi Ken

I meant the minimum on the month's I do not have a statement for.

on the statements I have there is box which says mimimum payment due so that is the minimum I have to pay by the due date which will then appear on the next months payment. So if I have paid more than the minimum then even by a couple of punds then it is not the minimum. or that is the way I see it.

Thank you

GS

Aha

Yes thats how I would see it also. If you have T&C's for your account that will show what you minimum should be. But as you say a rough calculation should reveal what is it is.

Good luck hope it gives you more ammunition and hopefully its clear and simple for the adjudicator. How can the bank assume something which didnt happen over something that did happen. If indeed that is what you find out.

Sorry Ken didn't explain it very clearly the first time.

Hope you and AM are keeping warm and dry in this awful weather ! We haven't had floods but suffered winds over 100 mph on weds; our little town had its share of stardom as we were one of the places the bbc broadcast from all through weds - and now the lights are flickering again !

Keep safe

GS

Ken, AMN & everyone.

After repeatedly asking for my statements from MBNA I have been advised that they are on the way to me. I have not been on the thread for this reason. I have looked at the record of minimums that I do have and I have noticed that the surplus balance in the reconstructed is the overpayment that I have made in that month for the credit card.

If you look at my redress calculation sheet on page 18 of the thread and look at the month of May 2012. The payment I made on a balance of £4,534.58 was £160.26. The minimum amount for that month was £105.76. MBNA has £108.99 as the minimum amount and then £51.27 as the surplus amount. (please confirm to me that surplus under the reconstructed payments columns is the amount you would have paid without PPI ?)

Now using the method you showed me if you take the balance for May 2012 of £4,534.58 take away the card redress month prior of £1,470.69 and then minus the assoc interest of £19.87 ad the PPI premium for the month of £36.60. The notional balance is £3007.42 but the MBNA reconstructed balance is £3,058.69. If you subtract the proper notional balance from the MBNA reconstructed balance the difference is £51.27.

So MBNA have

1. wrongly calculated my minimum amount for that month.

2. They have made an assumption of what I would have paid if PPI had not been applied to my account using my overpayment.

3.They have kept my overpayment in the reconstructed balance and not removed it classing the overpayment as surplus redress.

4.They have given me back 8% simple on this overpayment when it had attracted the monthly contractual interest and the difference between the monthly contractual interest and the 8% is what should have been paid back to me.

This is after the FOS had sent me a letter (see page 18 on thread) saying if I had paid more than the minimum amount for the month. This overpayment would have been distributed amongst the remainder of my credit card balance.

Please give me feedback and your comments on if I have got this right. I knew my overpayments of the minimum amount on my CC even though the card was frozen would play a big part in my PPI redress.

As AMN said the payments will probably be the month after what your statements say.

Not sure by what you mean by working out the minimum? As the minimum as in the real minimum should be displayed on your statement. Otherwise we wouldnt know what was the least we could pay when the account was actually running.

But again as AMN says the Min on say April's statement will relate to what you paid in May. So what you need to compare on your own spreadsheet is the M's on your MBNA spreadsheet against what you paid the same month as the MBNA spreadsheet. Then you will need the previous months Min from your statement. If you paid more than the previous months Min then IMO they have used an assumed payment figure over an actual payment.

Therefore the adjudicator should be able to see they have not used correct figures before they even start with the rest of the calculations. If indeed that is what they have done.

Reply received from FCA to my husband - from someone called the Manager of the PPI redress team basically send us the evidence and we will investigate but won't tell you we are invetigating. I will scan and put it up later.

AM & Ken perhaps we can discuss via pm what I send to them as you know what has gone to FOS in my case.

Thank you

GS

I too have today received a reply form the FCA;

Chris Preston - Manager - PPI Redress Team, Retail Banking Department.

The fourth para is indeed most positive:

"Although we cannot deal with your complaint on your behalf, we still take seriously individual complaints against the firms we regulate. Information that we receive is used to develop a picture of where firms may be failing to meet our standards and this helps us to determine what appropriate action to take against any regulated firm. In light of this, we would be happy to receive the information you mention in your letter in this context.

However, please note, that we are unable to let you know about the action we take following our consideration of the information you provide as we are bound by certain confidentiality restrictions that prohibit us from disclosing if we are investigating your concerns or not...."

Of course, one has to realise that the FCA operate in a similar manner to that of The OFT; they do not deal with individual complaints.

But, they do take notice if enough consumers complain and;

clearly, sufficient consumers complained to them about MBNA in this particular case.

So, a BIG Thank You to all those who sent in their letters; the show is not over yet!

Next step will be to send them the information as described within the Open Letter.

I will now confer with Ken, AMN and others...

Edited by angry cat
addition

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ken, AMN, A/C everyone.

I received the same letter to from Chris Preston. This is encouraging to see.

Though I feel that I must mention the fact that I and others already bought this to the attention of the FCA via Kate Tuckley.

I sent all the corresponded letters including the MBNA calculation between myself and the FOS and also copied her in on e-mails between myself and the adjudicator. Kate Tuckley advised me that she would pass my details onto the relevant section and I received an e-mail from a Bradley Green at the FCA who advised me that due to legal reasons I couldn't be advised of an impending investigation into MBNA redress but my comments had been noted. I was also given an reference number .

apologises for repeating something you no doubt are aware of though I felt this should be mentioned.

Ken,

I have not received any comment on my post yet done earlier this morning. I always welcome comments on if I right in my thinking and what they are doing as I learn about the tactics of MBNA to cut redress.

Got mine too

Whatisdue.

I think you will find the difference this time was via Kate we were a few over a length of time. Not saying its right but the way FCA operates. Plus we didnt really grasp what they were up to fully. So yes frustrating but please dont be disheartened. If the FCA finally get it then none of us will be worrying about adjudicators or ombudsmen. So keep the faith your doing well.

Sorry about the previous post. The replies from the FCA has diverted my attention. I will read it now and come back to you

Looking at the post we missed.

If you have proof the minimum (on your statement) was £105.76 then as per FOS own guidance you can dispute this method.

From the PPI resource on the FOS guidance Consumers who CONSISTENTLY pay minimum

consumers who consistently make the minimum payment each month

Another example where a consumer might have paid a different amount to their credit card account is where the consumer consistently made the minimum contractual credit card payment each month. In that case, it seems likely that instead of paying the same amount to their credit card account without PPI, the consumer might have paid the (slightly smaller) minimum payment rather than the amount they actually paid to their credit card with PPI.

Based on examples of good practice we have seen, the example below shows how a business might set out how it has calculated compensation for a mis-sold regular-premium PPI policy added to a consumer’s credit card where the consumer consistently paid the minimum contractual payment:

what we know

• you took out your credit card in January 2003 and took out the PPI policy at the same time;
  • your credit card balance today is £5,832.91; and
  • you have consistently paid the minimum contractual payment to your credit card and no extra payments.

what we have assumed

• credit card interest at the rate charged on normal purchases applied to the PPI premiums added to your account; and
  • you would have paid the (slightly smaller) minimum contractual payment to your credit card without PPI.

If you do not think that these assumptions should be used in your circumstances, please let us know why not.

If it were me I wouldnt go into all the this was moved here and that was turned into this etc.

If you have proof that the minimum isnt what MBNA declared then that is sufficient to ask for a recalculation. They have lied on your redress calculation and with the statement you have proof. Keep it simple.

Now turning to the rest of your post. Your not a million miles off at all. But as you can see its confusing to put across. I know what they are doing. You have a good idea now. But the way you put it comes across is confusing. An adjudicator wont get it and will frustrate you.

So IMHO if you have black and white proof like this minimum on your statement then use FOS guidance against FOS. Quote it at them.

Say this is why MBNA should not be allowed to use this method because actually they are making it up. So you want the normal PS10/12 exp 6 calculation. Get a normal PS10/12 exp 6 calculation and your redress will increase.

But my advice keep it simple.

One final thing that AMN pointed out before is that the min payment for that month will be on the previous statement. Because you need to know what you had to at least pay the following month. So May's minimum payment would be on April's statement.

Thanks for your comments ken, its good to hear I am getting my head round the method of MBNA redress. I quite agree this is a very hard one to explain to an adjudicator. I have thought about this and how to put things in simple terms. Though I doubt if the adjudicator would be able to get some comprehension of MBNA methods of cutting redress and would find it easier to side with the lender case closed.

Though as you mentioned the monthly statements with the minimum payments is clear unshakeable evidence that the calculations can not be possibly be right and that is easily seen and understood. I will take your advise and keep things simple. I will of course keep you advised of events.

Looking at the post we missed.

If you have proof the minimum (on your statement) was £105.76 then as per FOS own guidance you can dispute this method.

From the PPI resource on the FOS guidance Consumers who CONSISTENTLY pay minimum

consumers who consistently make the minimum payment each month

Another example where a consumer might have paid a different amount to their credit card account is where the consumer consistently made the minimum contractual credit card payment each month. In that case, it seems likely that instead of paying the same amount to their credit card account without PPI, the consumer might have paid the (slightly smaller) minimum payment rather than the amount they actually paid to their credit card with PPI.

Based on examples of good practice we have seen, the example below shows how a business might set out how it has calculated compensation for a mis-sold regular-premium PPI policy added to a consumer’s credit card where the consumer consistently paid the minimum contractual payment:

what we know

• you took out your credit card in January 2003 and took out the PPI policy at the same time;
  • your credit card balance today is £5,832.91; and
  • you have consistently paid the minimum contractual payment to your credit card and no extra payments.

what we have assumed

• credit card interest at the rate charged on normal purchases applied to the PPI premiums added to your account; and
  • you would have paid the (slightly smaller) minimum contractual payment to your credit card without PPI.

If you do not think that these assumptions should be used in your circumstances, please let us know why not.

If it were me I wouldnt go into all the this was moved here and that was turned into this etc.

If you have proof that the minimum isnt what MBNA declared then that is sufficient to ask for a recalculation. They have lied on your redress calculation and with the statement you have proof. Keep it simple.

Now turning to the rest of your post. Your not a million miles off at all. But as you can see its confusing to put across. I know what they are doing. You have a good idea now. But the way you put it comes across is confusing. An adjudicator wont get it and will frustrate you.

So IMHO if you have black and white proof like this minimum on your statement then use FOS guidance against FOS. Quote it at them.

Say this is why MBNA should not be allowed to use this method because actually they are making it up. So you want the normal PS10/12 exp 6 calculation. Get a normal PS10/12 exp 6 calculation and your redress will increase.

But my advice keep it simple.

One final thing that AMN pointed out before is that the min payment for that month will be on the previous statement. Because you need to know what you had to at least pay the following month. So May's minimum payment would be on April's statement.

whatisdue - yes, for the moment saying that they are starting calculations based on false premise criteria, so that makes everything off - is a fair and universally easily-graspable point. Should someone then come back with a "yes, but" argument in response - well you have started them thinking about it - and then be in a better position to listen and comprehend next what happens after those bits... something a few people here can help with now.

• 3 weeks later...
whatisdue - yes, for the moment saying that they are starting calculations based on false premise criteria, so that makes everything off - is a fair and universally easily-graspable point. Should someone then come back with a "yes, but" argument in response - well you have started them thinking about it - and then be in a better position to listen and comprehend next what happens after those bits... something a few people here can help with now.

Ken, AMN, AC everyone.

Please read the following that i have had from my adjudicator today,

triumph at last but still work to be done

Further to my email below

I have confirmed that a new assessment will take place in light of the new evidence which you have provided.

You spoke to my manager today and he confirmed that this will not affect your position in line waiting for an ombudsman to review your complaint.

I can assure you I will be assessing this issue promptly and will inform you as soon as I have done so.

In light of your comments and new evidence you provided i.e. statements,

I can tell you that I do also have concerns over the minimum repayment assumptions that MBNA has made.

I will therefore be recommending MBNA should recalculate using the actual payments you made,

instead of assuming reduced amount you would have paid.

I note you raised several complaint points against MBNA.

In light of what I will be recommending above could you please confirm whether this would resolve your complaint?

Any comments welcome

Hi whatisdue - a quick-ish reply and I'll likely rejoin later once a few more thoughts are in, but yes - a good thing in getting through to your case worker your dodgy-assumption point. I wouldn't, as you indicate, expect that changing the values a little would transform the MBNA calc into something fair - so I would not confirm to your adjudicator that this would resolve your complaint (unless perhaps you added a rider of MBNA using a spreadsheet BO_22 redress calc version, before all the shenanigans were largely introduced). Even then... I wouldn't. You do still want that Ombudsman to see it, but letting MBNA do a recalc would be very interesting in its own right in the meantime - they are running out of corners to hide in - and the tottering calculation edifice is built on being able to declare what they like...

Your adjudicator doesn't as of yet get it all yet, and is really looking for a way-through-easy compromise course-of-action. Still a nice change in approach there; I recall you saying things were a little frosty previously at one point. What are your thoughts on doing next?

The most likely thing, IMHO, at Chester HQ, would be MBNA realising they cannot (under that particular FOS instruction) use any of their recent spreadsheets. While I am sure they keep a few "just in case" redress-method-builds in the far cupboard for just such eventualities...that instruction from your adjudicator may well have more implications and consequences for the reconstruction method than your adjudicator even remotely realises...

AMN

AMN / Ken / AC / GOG & everyone.

I thank everyone for the help received so far. I did respond today on the adjudicator question of will this do. I mentioned and included extracts from ken,s analysis of my calculation sheet (page 18/19 of the thread) and of how the reconstructed payments column is being used to keep the reconstructed balance high by not removing the surplus balance . I also advised the adjudicator that I want to know the contractual rate of interest applied to my account, knowing I was ratejacked and classed a risk when I went through a period of being unable to make the minimum payments each month. I know the contractual rate would have been applied to the PPI also each month. I also mentioned that surplus redress and a return of 8% on a debt balance is not part of FCA/FOS redress guidelines and should not be accepted concluding that PS10/12 app 2 ex 6 can be the only fair solution to this dispute . I also asked why FOS can not do redress calculations themselves using a compliant spreadsheet. I was told by the adjudicator they do not do this. I put this to the manager and am still waiting a response.

Any comments welcome on this and my approach on the pending re-assessment. I will of course keep you posted on developments.

AMN / Ken / AC / GOG & everyone.

Any comments welcome on this and my approach on the pending re-assessment. I will of course keep you posted on developments.

You are, whatisdue, doing all the right things and well done again for getting the basic "they made stuff up" principle across and agreed to, and then covering the following-on manoeuvres - which are still to be "got" by your case worker and their manager. They will have realised by now though, that, for you, a simple "actually we asked MBNA and they said it is fine"... will not do. Given that your own case handling is ahead of the curve of other cases currently quietly gathering dust, and the "idea" of recent-ish MBNA redress being potentially "dodgy" is a new concept to your adjudicator - you have made good progress - and anyone in similar circumstances will have a bit more hope of a good resolution after your recent posts. So - good for you - and good for other people too - great progress.

AMN

Hi whatisdue (and all)

Its very interesting to read what's going on with your case; mine is currently with an adjudjucator (sp); I worry about their understanding of the issues involved but still I very kindly gave them loads of publically information to read as well as pushing the fact - that they were wrong; hopefully the fact that a copy of my OH's calculation and offer letter which show vastly different figures will flag up some warning flags.

GS