danceonfire

Signing off JSA

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2527 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I hope someone can give me some advice. I am currently in the 26th week of my income-related JSA claim and have received confirmation of a job offer today, so I am starting work on Monday 19th Nov.

I am due to sign on this Friday, should I still attend so I can get my job diary signed or should I just telephone and close my claim that way? I ask because of the potential delay in receiving my first wage packet in this job, I am obviously keen to secure my usual fortnightly JSA payment to help with bills and travel expenses, so two weeks JSA would be preferable to one.

Any advice would be gratefully received!

Many thanks :)

Yes, you should attend and sign. Of course, you must also let them know you have a job and the JC adviser will deal with signing you off.

JSA is paid in arrears, so when you sign you are declaring what you have already done for the past two weeks.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Yes you need to attend to sign to be able to claim your payment up to the day before you start work.

The In Work Team would be able to sign you off by telephone if you are due to sign on Friday anyway and when you do attend you can hand over your ES40 booklet to make sure they have the informmation to get yor claim closed.