AKDS

Another RLP Letter - Help please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2527 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello everyone, I am one of the victims who called Retail Loss Prevention and told them that I cant afford to pay £137 and sent my financial hardship letter with proof of not been able to pay my university semester fees and having almot no money to manage my financial situation. They replied by saying looking at your financial harship we have now reduced the fine (Note: I was given 3 months to pay) And if I fail to pay the above amount I would have to pay £137 plus interest and many more charges and will be taken to court.

I am really scared now. What should I do? I got 3 months of time but I still haven't managed to save enough to pay them. I am still unemployed and seeking for part time jobs to get out of my financial hardship.

Please help me .

AKDS

Edited by Sidewinder
Edited to remove identifying info

Hi

I've created a new thread for you.

I think the advice will be the same as for all other people who have received letters from RLP.

Ignore them.

Have a read around the RLP forum and you will see what I mean.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Do not pay them, ignore them - and certainly do not phone them!

This is not a fine, but an invitation to settle out of court - however ONLY the retailer involved could take you to court and very rarely do so. Your education and day to day living costs come way above any need to pay RLP anything whatsoever.

I have removed information in your post which could identify you - not that you need to worry about that but RLP love to spot people who are worried and crank up the intimidation once they think they aren't going to get paid!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!