Empingham/Welcome finance advice needed :-/

maud26
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

We had an account with welcome finance dating back 8-9 years,

last made payment approx 5 years ago and since then

apart from a few attempts from various unsavoury dca's we have managed to avoid making payment.

This is due to two main reasons

- we are heavily in debt and

have negative available funds at the end of each month

Welcome stung us for PPI knowing full well it would be of little use as my wife is chronically ill and has been for 14 years.

We have made attempts at reclaiming the PPI but have never got anywhere and to be honest i can't recall the stage we were at as its such a long time ago.

We did have a letter from (i think) the FSA regarding them pursuing a PPI claim on our behalf against Welcome

and advising us that they had gone into administration or something but we have not had any response and thats at least 12 months ago.

in the past 6 weeks we have begun to be bombarded with calls from Empingham regarding the welcome debt!

Can anyone advise on the best course of action please?

Can they chase a debt from a company who is in administration and if they now own this debt can we pursue them for PPI?

I am at a loss and my wife is still having chemotherapy and her phone is ringing constantly with these hounding us both at all hours :-(

Any advice would be greatfully received.

Thank you

Sorry to post again, but i have done some digging and gone through my paperwork which has refreshed my memory on things somewhat.

In January 2003 we took out the first car loan with PPI added, in 2005 we had a further one or two (i can find various details relating to two different dates in 2005) unsecured loans both with added PPI - each time we were advised that we wouldnt be able to have the loan without PPI!

In 2007 I sent an SAR and was eventually sent a huge pile of documents relating to the most recent account history with a letter saying 'if anything is not present then its because we no longer have it'. And after a few letters back and forth regarding PPI they sent a letter saying that it was their final response and that they didnt believe any wrongdoing had taken place. We haven't heard anything over the past couple of years until the Fscs contacted me (not FSA as prev posted) to advise that they were dealing with Welcome PPI claims from January 2005 onwards and to date we have heard nothing from them. I intend to chase this tomorrow.

Now I still wonder what the next best route is, as if Welcome no longer hold my account details prior to 2005 what chance do i stand of reclaiming PPI? In the short term i just need to stop Empingham from calling mine and my wifes phones night and day but due to the tricky situation i dont know how to do that!

This nightmare is just getting worse it seems with no end in sight :-(

Hoping someone maybe able to help :-)