Lowell Financial keep buying my debts....and looking at my credit card file.

flynnkev1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3994 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About 6 months ago i received a letter regarding two previous debts which were 6 months away from being statute barred.

I had not started reading this site at that time, and therefore entered into a payment arrangement with them albeit with hefty discounts......

I have received a letter from Equidebt today saying they have sold the debt to Lowell. they consist of 1 credit card debt, 1 loan and 1 current account which were all with smile. the date of default was 17th July 2007.

Not sure when the last payment was made to them. possibly December....

Their did seem to be an awful lot of searches from Lowell recently almost like they are actively purchasing debts because i've started paying off others.

Any advice please ?

thanks kev

Your debts are not individually sold on, debts are sold/purchased in massive portfolio.

So have you been paying anything at any time regarding the debts sold to Lowell?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Discounts??

Can you list these debts, and anything that has been discounted should be seriously looked at as these are most likely full of reclaimable fees and charges or even PPI.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

There are 2 other debts from barclays which i started paying 6 months ago.

Lowell appear to have purchased the above 3 debts from equidebt claycard(originally co-op debts)

The debts are as follows for co-op

1) 789 credit card

2) 5k loan

1921 current account..

thanks for your help guys

Off who? Lowell?

When was the loan and CC taken out?

And are there any charges on any of the three accounts?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys and girls I've sent three CCA request's on 15th November one for each of the above accounts to Lowell using the template and 3 x £1.00 Postage stamps. All defaults appear to have been removed however today i've had a letter from Red saying that they have been asked to collect the money on Lowells behalf. I think this relates to a current account? What is my nest step. it appears they've had the cca request and then passed the debt on immediately?

Thanks again

Red is Lowell, so is Hamptons Legal, all designed and passed around these Companies just to confuse you.

If this is for a Current Account, then it is exempt from a CCA request.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

This is a current account and an overdraft. So I should send a subject access request?

Yes,

Subject Access Request to the Original Creditor NOT to Lowell's!

Enclose a £10 postal order, this will give you a full account history including charges and the correct Balance.

The Original Creditor has 40 calender days to comply and send you all of the information.

Letter for the SAR is in the Library section, top tool bar in green.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

If you could go back to the beginning of your thread and please start answering some of the questions posed then maybe I'll be able to advise accordingly, you first say that they offered huge discounts, then three posts down say they didn't, I'm confused.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry Bazooka, the debts i was offered discounts related to Severn Trent & Barclays bank both of which have now been paid off.

The three debts which i have been written to about since paying Severn Trent & Barclays off are for egg. The information has now disappeared off of my credit report however looking at a previous one it shows the following.

Company Equidebt Limited. Started 16/01/2004

Account type: CC/SC

Default Date 02/07/2007

Default Balane £789.00

Account two

Started 22/01/2004

Account type cc/sc

Default date 02/07/2007

Balance 1921

Account three

Account start date 12/01/2004

Opening balance £ 5,709

Repayment frequency Monthly

Date of default 02/07/2007

Default balance £ 5,709

I sent a CCA request on all three accounts on 15th November, and have had letters for each account saying they are in contact with Co-Op and waiting for a response from them. Since then they have written again for all three accounts saying they are still waiting on the information from smile but wont be in touch again until they receive it from Co-Op. They have not offered any discounts on the three accounts in question above.

Sorry Bazooka, the debts i was offered discounts related to Severn Trent & Barclays bank both of which have now been paid off.

The three debts which i have been written to about since paying Severn Trent & Barclays off are for egg. The information has now disappeared off of my credit report however looking at a previous one it shows the following.

Account type: CC/SC

Default Date 02/07/2007

Default Balane £789.00

Account two

Started 22/01/2004

Account type cc/sc

Default date 02/07/2007

Balance 1921

Account three

Account start date 12/01/2004

Opening balance £ 5,709

Repayment frequency Monthly

Date of default 02/07/2007

Default balance £ 5,709

I sent a CCA request on all three accounts on 15th November, and have had letters for each account saying they are in contact with Co-Op and waiting for a response from them. Since then they have written again for all three accounts saying they are still waiting on the information from smile but wont be in touch again until they receive it from Co-Op. They have not offered any discounts on the three accounts in question above. Also strangely all 3 accounts have disappeared off of experien but not off of noddle.

Hi Brig,

What is your advice now? Also i've just realised that Bryan Carter managed to get a partial CCJ for £297.00 for one of these date. And i've also now gone through my bank statements and made payments to Bryan Carter. Two times £50.00 per month for 7 months with the final one being in April 08 No idea which one it relates to as i can't seem to tally the original account numbers with Lowell's.

Thanks for all of your help

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?436-Failure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale.

Send them that, via 2nd class post but obtain proof of posting which is free from the PO counter, and ignore.

Thanks Boo,

Did i read somewhere that you can't make a partial claim in a ccm? Is it best not to poke the beast the ccj falls off my credit report in june and i believe i've paid the amount for the partial claim off.

Yes I think you should leave it.

On another Tack how many times have Lowell searched your credit files and over what time span?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

15 times since february....

Were these searches at any time concentrated in to say 4 or 5 a day over a short period?

I've copied them out below some were up to 3 times on one day. Do these searches damage your credit file?

Searched on: 24/10/2012

Searched By: LOWELL PORTFOLIO 1 LTD

Application Type: Unrecorded Enquiry

Searched on: 19/06/2012

Entry Number: P21

Searched on: 25/05/2012

Entry Number: P22

Searched on: 25/05/2012

Searched on: 19/05/2012

Searched on: 18/05/2012

Searched on: 18/05/2012

Searched on: 05/05/2012

Searched on: 04/05/2012

Searched on: 14/03/2012

Searched on: 28/02/2012

Not unrecorded searches no.

But anymore than 1 a day I would say is excessive? But then again, DCA's and CRA's are one of the same, they are in each others pockets and pay each other to do searches and allow data to be placed on credit files correct or not!