Peoples Review of the WCA.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On contacting the DWP for more information it became apparent that in at least 3 of those cases the Schedule 2 descriptor accepted by the DM would also have met the Schedule 3 criteria, but the claimant hadn’t been put in the support group. It wasn’t a case of the DM needing to make a decision about whether the Schedule 3 descriptors were met, the wording in the two schedules was identical so it should have been automatic. When we contacted the DWP by phone to clarify why the claimants weren’t in the support group, the response was along the lines of ‘she’ll have to appeal’ or ‘I don’t think he should be in the support group, there’ll be some work activities he can do’.

A DM breaking the law because personally thinking the person could do work? am I reading that right?

It's a big old document to read - for me anyway - 71 pages or so. But I suspect it's something well worth trying to tackle and I'll have a go later in the week ...

yes I havent read it all, no chance. What I quoted is right near the top.

The document sad to say is a bit of a mess, a huge list of quotes to wade through.

That quote about the DM illegally not applying SG is concerning tho. It suggests some people who meet SG criteria may get put in WRAG anyway.

Hmmm. These are odd times. The only (feasible) way of reducing the benefits budget is to reduce the number of people to whom it applies. I'm certainly no consumer of conspiracy theories, but I am seeing the merger of ESA (WRAG) and JSA riding over the horizon. The crunch being sanctions taking people out of the equation. That's the lollipop the politicians seem to be licking. Of any hue. (Lest anyone speculate, ahem, I've voted Tory most of my adult life :holds head in shame: )

my next prediction is a 35 year old band been added to JSA, they will claim its to sync it with LHA/HB changes which now have a 35 year old band.

So maybe the reduced rate JSA for under 25s will soon apply to under 35s.

They may try to merge WRAG with JSA, I can see early motions leading to that but legally they would be challenged.

After reading the SG quote tho tommorow I will be asking the BDC over the phone for the exact descriptors I got.

An absolutely blinding reply to the article which pretty much sums up the whole WCA process. here http://www.guardian.co.uk/discussion/comment-permalink/19411481

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.