NatWest Unauthorised Overdraft Charges

Daniel182
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

What can my friend do to stop the bank keep adding charges on a unauthorised overdraft? In the last three months the charges have exceeded to over a thousand pound.

My friend has written to the Bank on two occasions regarding this matter but have received no response to either letter.

Thanks for any advice given.

Thanks

Hello

What can my friend do to stop the bank keep adding charges on a unauthorised overdraft? In the last three months the charges have exceeded to over a thousand pound.

My friend has written to the Bank on two occasions regarding this matter but have received no response to either letter.

Thanks for any advice given.

Thanks

Hi there,

I was in the same situation as your friend last year out of £967 charges un-authorised I re paid £63 and they refunded the rest. I called them on several occasions demanding a explanation for each and every charge and they said it was a good will gesture. Get your friend to call Natwest, they can be helpful sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Thanks for your reply.

I will pass on your information, my friend has written to them again for the third time, this time sending letter recorded, not sure if this will make any difference though. Do you have a specific contact telephone number? If so please can you reply?

Thanks

i hope you have more luck with them than i did..

they are not help full and added 1277 in charges onto a 500 pounds od account and still said it was ok and correct..

write an email to stepehn hester at rbs or email him at his email address, that is the only way it will be looked at in my experience.

"ALWAYS QUOTE ME AS BEING MISQUOTED" :D

• 3 weeks later...

NatWEst have a policy of stopping all charges on accounts that have been with the collections department for more than 32 days - I know as the RBS Group Executive Office managed to get the charges stopped for me - you need to email Gary STewart direct - see my other thread.

• 3 weeks later...
NatWEst have a policy of stopping all charges on accounts that have been with the collections department for more than 32 days - I know as the RBS Group Executive Office managed to get the charges stopped for me - you need to email Gary STewart direct - see my other thread.

Hi just a quick question I did start another thread regarding natwest issues.

If what you have said above is correct then my charges should have stopped ages ago , my business account went to natwest collections dept jan 2012 , balance around 14000 and auth overdraft 10000 , but still getting interest at 29 per cnt every 3 months and monthly 5 pounds charge for maintenance of account.

Again any advice would be much appreciated ...

you can email [email protected] and ask whether NatWest's policy that accounts with collections for more than 32 days do not have charges applied applies to business accounts also or not. He is head of compliance for the whole RBS group and will probably delegate someone else to reply.

Many thanks , much appreciated.