style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2532 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Good afternoon everyone

Today I have had a letter from EquiDebt LTD stating they have sold my account to Portfolio the amount is £7063.52 and this debt was sold on the 08/10/2012.

I have checked an Mcc credit report and this is what the info on the credit report says

Company name: EQUIDEPT LIMITED

Account type: Current Account

Started: 25/09/2001

Default Balance : £7,063

Current Balance : £7,063

Defaulted On : 02/07/2007

Status History 8

I think the 8 which is in red donates the missed amouts of months payments, so would I be correct in thinking that come next month this will be status barred??

Statute barred relates to the last date of payment, which would have been sometime before July 2007. Do you know when you last made a payment ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Sorry no but as stated the credit files has Status History 8 which I am sure is 8 months missed payments just need that confirmed

Ok just checked last activity on the account was March 2006 nothing since, so they have sold a status barred accout who do I complain to and anyone got a good template letter to send all over the place thanks.

8 means default. in some CRA reports.

if your last financial transaction was march 2006 its SB'ed

fire the SB letter off

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Thread returned to General Debt Collection not a matter of Litigation...yet!

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Statute Barred template letter for England/Wales is here...http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?408-Letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

If your in Scotland, then the Statute Barred time limit is 5 years and the Template is here...http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?424-Statute-Barred-Letter-SCOTLAND

Amend the letter to suit.

Usual rules apply, do not ring Equidebt and if they ring you, refuse to go through the security questions and say "In writing only" and hang up.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

8 means default. in some CRA reports.

dx

Agreed. I've had the status jump from a 4 to an 8 - it doesn't necesddarily mean it's been 8 months since payment.

BSBS.

I have about 5 years or more of 8's on my file for one of my debts

dpick

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640