What is classed as "full time" study?

Nystagmite
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Advise on behalf of a friend:

Friend is on ESA and studies at college for 13.5 hours a week. According to his college, he's full time. (I think to college, full time is 12 hours?) Is self-study counted when working out the hours?

Thank you

Advise on behalf of a friend:

Friend is on ESA and studies at college for 13.5 hours a week. According to his college, he's full time. (I think to college, full time is 12 hours?) Is self-study counted when working out the hours?

Thank you

Having dealt with Job Centre Plus on this issue, despite being registered on a part time course, where the total study commitment per week was substantially less than 16 hours, the subjective opinion of the Job Centre Plus Clerk was that you were on a full time course.

I think that the College will assign for each Module for your friends College Course a component for i) classroom attendance (including lectures, seminars, labs), ii) out of class contact time hours, and iii) time commitment for each assignment and discriminate on that basis.

Rules about what counts as education for ESA start at para 41056 in the DMs guide http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/dmgch41.pdf.

Part time can count as full time depending on the disability, but hours spent on the course count rather than hours spent at the college etc. Unsupervised study is specifically excluded.

This might be one of those 'how long is a piece of string' questions since the proper answer seems to be it depends on what the DM thinks.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

For home education purposes wrt CB 12 hours study is (or was unless this has changed) considered full time.

Most courses state on the prospectus or website whether the course is full or part time in their view.

Uni courses often have 5 or 6 hours of compulsory lectures and 5 or 6 hours of voluntary seminars per full time course. Self study will be done alongside these too of course.