style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2531 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

I am new to this site and have been referred here by a friend who has used this forum before.

My situation is that i am currently unemployed and my creditors are asking for amounts that are un-realistic for me to pay whilst trying to have expenditure for living circumstances.

I have previously used a debt management company who didn't help at all, in fact one of my debts is now higher than it was originally.

I was under the impression that these companies are meant to contact each of my creditors and freeze the interest so that i am actually working to pay off the debt,

this appeared not to be the case and as mentioned above has somewhat gotten worse.

I may have missed a couple of payments here and there due to me needing the money to survive but I had always made a following minimum payment.

I have now stopped using the debt management company as there were of no help.

I have an income of just over £200 a month,

my monthly debts come to just under that leaving me with around £5 a week to live off.

I have no idea what to do as i have received several letters and calls threatening me with legal action etc..

Can anyone point me in the right direction of where i can go,

what rights do I have,

should these companies be allowed to do this to me.

It is making my life a living nightmare and is making me depressed.

Also i would like to know if any of my creditors have been charging me PPI over the time i have been paying them,

and what do i need to do to see if they have,

without going through one of these PPI companies to chase on my behalf.

Any help would be greatly valued and much appreciated.

Thanks

Nat

Nat,

stop all huge payments to these people.

You are unemployed, they are not priority debts, £1 per month is a reasonable amount to offer in your situation.

You can SAR the companies for all the documentation and start reclaiming PPI and charges.

If you can give more details the guys on here will help you.

• Confused 1

Please see below my current situation/details

Littlewoods Catalogue £680 owed, £70 a month payments being made,

Halifax Credit Card £340 owed, £30 a month payments being made (Interest is still being added and they are also adding late payment fees and charges for not paying THEIR minimum payment, my account is in arrears)

Capital One Credit Card £200 Owed (now gone to a debt collection agency), £20 a month payments being made.

3 Network (now gone to a debt collection agency) £60 owed £20 a month payments made.

Keep in mind that i have a phone contract that is my only means of communication at the moment which is between £40 and £50 a month.

All of the above i have struggled to keep consistent payments to terms i have previously made with them, although it is my feelings that they have still been unfair given my circumstances.

I am not very good with financial matters so if help provided could be step by step that would make me very happy.

Thanks for responding and any help given.

Nat

hread moved to debt collection forumT

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Please see below my current situation/details

Littlewoods Catalogue £680 owed, £70 a month payments being made, - drop to £1 - SAR them - get reclaiming

Halifax Credit Card £340 owed, £30 a month payments being made

(Interest is still being added and they are also adding late payment fees and charges for not paying THEIR minimum payment, my account is in arrears) - drop to £1 - SAR them - get reclaiming

Capital One Credit Card £200 Owed (now gone to a debt collection agency), £20 a month payments being made. - drop to £1 - SAR them - get reclaiming

3 Network (now gone to a debt collection agency) £60 owed £20 a month payments made. - drop to £1

Keep in mind that i have a phone contract that is my only means of communication at the moment which is between £40 and £50 a month. - cancel - go payg

All of the above i have struggled to keep consistent payments to terms i have previously made with them, although it is my feelings that they have still been unfair given my circumstances.

I am not very good with financial matters so if help provided could be step by step that would make me very happy.

Thanks for responding and any help given.

Nat

for the £1 ones - here is the letter....

tell them they are only going to get £xxPCM for xx mts

as a goodwill gesture

and as a reciprocal GOGW they must freeze int & refrain from levying PENALTY charges.

if they wont

drop them to £1PCM for life.

then pay by your internet banking site

and get reclaiming

dx

TAKE CONTROL

or

if yuo think that letter is in response to you telling them £xx for xx mts

then write back........

i'm sorry, but you have failed to assist me during a period of financial difficulty, against all the guidelines and codes

issued by the relevent bodies and authorities that govern you and the way you conduct yourselves.

i repeat again, the contents of my letter dated dd/mm/yyyy, for want of clarification:

to show my goodwill, i am going to pay £XX for XX mts

could you please as a reciprocatal goodwill guesture, refraining from levying any penalty charges & freeze the interest on my account.

i will update you in 6mts time or before, should my situation chance.

should you fail to help by refraining from levying unlawful PENALTY charges & freeze my interest,

i shall have no alternative but to reduce my offer to £1PCM for the rest of the life of the account,

as your actions are doing nothing to help me.

This is contrary to the rules you should operate under.

disgruntled account holder

start a new thread for each debt as the sar info comes in.

see the links below too

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

for the £1 ones - here is the letter....

tell them they are only going to get £xxPCM for xx mts

as a goodwill gesture

and as a reciprocal GOGW they must freeze int & refrain from levying PENALTY charges.

if they wont

drop them to £1PCM for life.

then pay by your internet banking site

and get reclaiming

dx

TAKE CONTROL

or

if yuo think that letter is in response to you telling them £xx for xx mts

then write back........

i'm sorry, but you have failed to assist me during a period of financial difficulty, against all the guidelines and codes

issued by the relevent bodies and authorities that govern you and the way you conduct yourselves.

i repeat again, the contents of my letter dated dd/mm/yyyy, for want of clarification:

to show my goodwill, i am going to pay £XX for XX mts

could you please as a reciprocatal goodwill guesture, refraining from levying any penalty charges & freeze the interest on my account.

i will update you in 6mts time or before, should my situation chance.

should you fail to help by refraining from levying unlawful PENALTY charges & freeze my interest,

i shall have no alternative but to reduce my offer to £1PCM for the rest of the life of the account,

as your actions are doing nothing to help me.

This is contrary to the rules you should operate under.

disgruntled account holder

start a new thread for each debt as the sar info comes in.

see the links below too

dx

Thanks for replying.

Would you mind taking a look at my letter to make sure I am saying the right things?

As you can probably see I am not very good at these things.

I am trying to navigate the website and finding it quite difficult, please bear with me.

Thanks for your time.

Nat.

Dear Sir/Madam

I am currently in financial difficulties and not able to meet my normal monthly repayments.

As a gesture of good will I can pay £5 PCM for 12 months.

As a reciprocal gesture of goodwill you must freeze interest and refrain from levying penalty charges.

Yours faithfully,

What do you think?

Nat

Dear Sir/Madam

I am currently in financial difficulties and not able to meet my normal monthly repayments.

As a gesture of good will I can pay £5 PCM for 12 months.

As a reciprocal gesture of goodwill you must freeze interest and refrain from levying penalty charges.

Yours faithfully,

What do you think?

Nat

to show my goodwill, i am going to pay £5 for 6 mts.

i will update you in 6mts time or before, should my situation change.

could you please as a reciprocal goodwill guesture,

refrain from levying any penalty charges & freeze the interestlink3.gif on my account.?

Should you fail to assist me during this period of financial difficulty, contrary to all the guidelines and codes

as your actions would do nothing to help me.

i thank you for your time.

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Hi again,

About the reclaiming. How would I go about that?

I am gathering the information about what charges and interest has been put on my accounts currently. What should I do once I have all the information, I have had a look about on here and have seen a letter? To send to them requesting it back. Is this right?

I'm not too sure how to go about everything, this entire situation has just been so stressful for not just months but years now and it's left me very confused. Any help/guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nat.

its not JUST a letter.

info in the numbers below

just follow a charges thread on the company you are going against.

use our search top right

dx

dx

spreadsheets 

Hi,

thanks for responding. I am going to get started on figuring this out now.

Nat

ask away

when needed

dx

spreadsheets 

I am just incredibly confused by all of this at the moment.

The amount of stress has impacted my life on a large scale and i am struggling.

I know i have had lots of charges on my two credit cards since they opened in 2009, Can i claim this back?

My Halifax card alone i am aware of charges and interest of £40 in some instances which took my card over its £250 limit, i've been looking on this site and think that i may be able to get this back, is this right?

Currently i am unemployed and without a permanent address, with the stress from my creditors too it's all become a lot to handle.

I have written out the letters of intent to them to say they have failed to assist me and can only pay £5 a month for the time being, what is my next step?

Very sorry but i am just getting a little confused.

All the help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Nat.

I should say my halifax card was upto its limit until all these charges where added, it now stands at £380 without me using the card in well over a year and trying to make regular affordable payments.

thanks

Nat

I am just incredibly confused by all of this at the moment.

The amount of stress has impacted my life on a large scale and i am struggling.

I know i have had lots of charges on my two credit cards since they opened in 2009, Can i claim this back? - YES

My Halifax card alone i am aware of charges and interest of £40 in some instances which took my card over its £250 limit,

i've been looking on this site and think that i may be able to get this back, is this right? - YES [but not interest] - int on charges yes

Currently i am unemployed and without a permanent address, with the stress from my creditors too it's all become a lot to handle.

I have written out the letters of intent to them to say they have failed to assist me and can only pay £5 a month for the time being, what is my next step?

Very sorry but i am just getting a little confused.

All the help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Nat.

start to gather all the info you need to reclaim PENALTY charges & PPI.

sar them

dx

spreadsheets 

Thanks so much,

I can start to get all that together now.

Thanks again,

Nat