style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can't make head nor tail of this PPI stuff and am hoping people can point me in the right direction.

I took out an Egg loan in 2000 that I have now paid off. I had PPI but I no longer have any of the details. My first issue is whether 2000 is too long ago to count as claimable? If I can, can anyone give any advice as to how I go about getting things moving? I have messaged Egg to ask for some of the basic details of the loan some time ago but have never received a reply!

Thanks

Can't make head nor tail of this PPI stuff and am hoping people can point me in the right direction.

I took out an Egg loan in 2000 that I have now paid off. I had PPI buyt I no longer have any of jthe details. My first issue is whether 2000 is too long ago to count as claimable? If I can, can anyone give any advice as to how I go about getting things moving? I have messaged Egg to ask for some of the basic details of the loan some time ago but have never received a reply!

Thanks

You need to send a SAR request to Egg first, to ask for all details they have on account. This should state if the ppi was front loaded or if it was paid monthly. When you get these details just use a calculator sheet on this site. It works out the costs you need to claim.

Hi and welcome to CAG

There is no time limit for PPI claims.

If it were me I'd send a Subject Access Request (SAR) to Egg to get as much detail as you can on this loan.

There is a template for SAR in the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG page in green. Add a line that says that the SAR is to include copies of all and any agreements you have had with them.

The cost is £10 and they will have 40 days to comply.

From the information that comes back it should be possible to prepare a claim spreadsheet (We have templates) to send to the lender.

While you are waiting for the SAR, pop along to fos website and download a copy of their consumer questionnaire ready for completion.

What are your reasons for believing this PPI was mis-sold?

ims

I tried again and managed to get the Loan reference number and confirmation that I had PPI. It's that long ago that I can't be absolute on it being mis-sold, but I'm not convinced I was told other insurance might cover me or that I could buy insurance elsewhere. More than likely I believed that I had more chance of getting the loan if I took the insurance.

Given that it's for an Egg loan from 2000, is there any history of people successfully claiming in these circumstances? I'm not sure how I would go about proving any of this. Or is it even feasible to make a speculative claim based on what I've said above?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Not sent the SAR yet as managed to get the Loan Reference number from Egg.

The reply to the message said " If you'd like to make a complaint in regards to the insurance, you can reply to this message stating the reasons for your complaint and I can raise this on your behalf with our Customer Relations Office or alternatively you can write to the Customer Relations Office.

Should I go ahead or get more details through a SAR?

Thanks again

OK, here's my latest.

Turns out I've confused myself about the loan and it was in fact taken out in 2004!!! I messaged Egg to try and get some further details and they replied with the following:

Your Egg Loan xxxxxxxx was taken out on 2 June 2004 and the amount borrowed was 11,295.00GBP. This included the cost of the Loan Repayment Protection policy, as it is a single premium policy added to the balance of the loan at the start.

Your monthly Direct Debit was for 196.20GBP and the loan was settled on 6 May 2010.

I sent a further message to say that I am most likely going to be sending an SAR and got the following back:

Even if you do send a Data Subject Information Request, we won't send you a copy of the original CCA, as the account is closed and settled. We have no legal obligation to send these on settled loans.

You won't need to the CCA to process the claim through Egg, as we have all of the application details. It is entirely up to you whether you still wish to submit the request.

Their main aim at the moment is to get me to say why I am complaining about the PPI, which I haven't said yet because I'm still not exactly sure how I applied for the loan and precisely what my complaint is. I know that others have been successful in winning claims for loans taken out around 2004 because there was a pre-ticked box, but I probably need to get the SAR just to check all the detail and be fully armed.

Is the stuff about the CCA correct? Given the detail so far, am I in a position to simply make a complaint on the basis I thought it would make it more likely for them to approve the loan? Should I go for the SAR and move on from there? So many questions!!!!!!!:???:

Thanks

If the account is closed they are under no obligation to provide it to you under a CCA request.

They should provide it under a SAR as in my view it constitutes personal data. Add a line to the SAR to say that you want a copy of it. At the very least you will want to know the loan amount and the PPI amount so that you can check any offer they make. You will also need the dates of each payment made against the loan. If you don't have that information then SAR for it.

Only you can decide if you were mis-sold. Have a look at the list of criteria in the "notes for claimants"thread in the PPI stickies.

Also get yourself a copy of the fos consumer questionnaire from the fos website if you haven't already got it.

ims

• 5 months later...

I've got my SAR from Egg, I know I had a Single Payment PPI policy and I now have the payment schedule, etc, etc.

The bit I'm unsure about at this point is how I applied for the loan. It's that long ago that I don't really remember, but I have the contact history from Egg, which includes the following:

loan for £XX(000) pre approved apr 7.9% 72 x £XXX.XX bronze 180days auto accept docs issued

Anyone know if that gives a clue as to how I did it? I was probably going to say that I was led to believe taking the PPI would improve my chances of getting the loan as I see no other reason why I would have had it, but I can't work out if I did this online and was therefore subject to the whole pre-ticked box business.

Anyone got any knowledge on the above? Thanks!!!!

I knew it was a long shot, but it seems no one can help with that question.

To put it another way, I have nothing more specific in the SAR data from Egg at the moment. Is there anyone else who managed to find out how they applied? Am I missing some data from the SAR that Egg should have sent me? They've already said I can't have the CCA as the loan has been paid off.

Thanks

Two threads merged...please keep to one thread for this issue.

The phrase "pre approved" suggests that this application may have been an offer of a loan through the post to you. One of those ones where you just sign and send back and they release the money to you.

I bet the PPI box would have been pre-ticked.