darcyleverfc

Home Contents Insurance help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2533 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can someone please explain this to me in English ...... It's regarding home contents I don't get it

"where the sum insured represents less than 60% of the value at risk we will obtain a full statement to

establish how this has arisen. We may choose to reject the claim and regard your policy as invalid"

I have home contents insurance all together with my insurance at

£13,500

High risk Items at

£1,500

Overall contents in the house is around £6k with £1,300 High risk included.

I just need to know what that means in the policy book as I dont get it

Thanks

If the value of your contents was £10,000 but you insured for less than £6,000 the insurance company would be asking some serious questions about why you were so badly under insured, and if they thought it had been done deliberately to keep the premium low for example, they might void your policy and refuse to pay any claims.

If your sum insured is equal to or greater than the value of your house contents, you have nothing to worry about.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.