Tom214

Termination of Apprenticeship Contract

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2533 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

With job cuts and redundancies just around the corner, I was wondering being an apprentice how much I am protected from these? Ive read many things regarding the safe guarding of apprentices, however my main concern is in my contract it states, the employer may terminate the contract at any given time for any reason giving no less than one months notice.

So have I thrown all my protection out of the window, or does the law override this?

It depends largely on the type of apprenticeship that you ate on - sometimes employers can't get out at all, but sometimes they can. It's highly unlikely that redundancy would be a fair reason to terminate an apprenticeship in any event.