Very - Behind with payments, how should I proceed?

Sack o Spuds
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my first post here!

I have accounts with

Very,

Isme,

Littlewoods and

KandCo.

The Very account is the highest overall debt and I have fallen behind over the last 3 months due to changes in circumstances.

When I first started using the accounts, I had my budget planned out 12 months in advance, and was easily able to make the payments

once the end of the BNPL arrived but due to circumstances way beyond my control I can no longer afford such payments.

I have continued to make partial payments,

but the latest Very statement calls for an amount which is way more than I can afford and this will be the 3rd month that I have made a smaller than required payment.

The

Isme,

Littlewoods and

KandCo are all up to date and I am able to meet the payments on those accounts,

and have not made any purchases in the last 3 months on any of them and do not intend to make any further purchases on any of them.

My main question is, if I write to Very offering to make reduced payments, will this have an effect on the other 3 accounts?

If anyone has any advice on how I should proceed

- wording for a letter etc I would be most grateful.

Also I opened all the accounts online and don't recall signing anything and sending it back?

Thanks in advance :)

tell them they are only going to get £xxPCM for xx mts

as a goodwill gesture

and as a reciprocal GOGW they must freeze int & refrain from levying PENALTY charges.

if they wont

drop them to £1PCM for life.

then pay by your internet banking site

and get reclaiming

dx

TAKE CONTROL

or

if yuo think that letter is in response to you telling them £xx for xx mts

then write back........

i'm sorry, but you have failed to assist me during a period of financial difficulty, against all the guidelines and codes

issued by the relevent bodies and authorities that govern you and the way you conduct yourselves.

i repeat again, the contents of my letter dated dd/mm/yyyy, for want of clarification:

to show my goodwill, i am going to pay £XX for XX mts

could you please as a reciprocatal goodwill guesture, refraining from levying any penalty charges & freeze the interest on my account.

i will update you in 6mts time or before, should my situation chance.

should you fail to help by refraining from levying unlawful PENALTY charges & freeze my interest,

i shall have no alternative but to reduce my offer to £1PCM for the rest of the life of the account,

as your actions are doing nothing to help me.

This is contrary to the rules you should operate under.

disgruntled account holder

have you any £12 PENALTY fees too

get them back as well as PPI?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for that dx, I shall type that up and get it in the post tomorrow!

Should I do the same for the other 3 accounts too? And yes I have had some penalty charges, how do I go about getting the statements as I don't keep anything over 6 months for catalogue accounts.

Thanks for your assistance, and sorry for the newbie questions but I am new to this!

Regards SoS

yes all three

to get all statements

send SD an SAR

only one will be needed as they are all ultimately JDW

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have 3 letters sent off today, each one applies to all 4 accounts! 1 SAR, 1 offering reduced payments (without a budget plan) and 1 requesting a true copy of all credit agreements.

Hate having to do this, but at least I will be able to sleep a little easier at night without this huge worry!

Will keep the thread updated as to what happens next.....

• 2 weeks later...

Today I got 4 letters in the post,

replies to Credit Agreement Requests

saying I checked a box when I applied,

agreeing to the terms and conditions;

if I want copies of statements they can provide them @£5 a sheet, and if I am in financial difficulty I must phone them to arrange a repayment plan.

They enclosed copies of the agreements for all 4 accounts.

No reply to the letters offering £5 per account per month, and no direct reply to the letter requesting copies of statements that had a £10 PO attached

(although I understand they still have time left before the deadline for that).

How do I proceed now pls?

Thanks in advance

Sack O Spuds

Actual wording of part of the letters

I confirm that on (date) you made your application for credit through our website using our online form.

As part of the process you entered into and accepted the terms and conditions of your agreement by checking the relevant box.

As a result of this, you do not have a signed paper agreement.

However, I attach a copy of the agreement in place between us for your reference.

Edited by Sack o Spuds

ok well i'd await the sar

when were these accounts taken out.

dx

and they

Check box is all they need with on line agreements

To get a payment plan you can follow this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?340272-Very-and-isme

Then once you have your sar ....reclaim those charges/ppi

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi,

All 4 cats are acting as though I didn't bother sending the letter stating my inability to meet the payments required due to my circumstances and offering a reduced monthly payment. I am still getting letters and statements, and accruing £12 charges at a fast rate!

Should I resend the letters (although they must have received them as they were in the same envelope as the one requesting the Credit Agreements), or do I sit back and wait for them to reply?

I also see from reading other threads that some of you communicate via email with Very etc, I'd love it if someone could point me in the right direction so I can find out who I should email, rather than relying on snail mail :)

Thanks

SoS

Edited by Sack o Spuds
request help finding email addys

all the charges can be reclaim , relax

go with YOUR plan

pay you 1st instalments by YOUR internet banking site

dx

and they

Hi,

I also see from reading other threads that some of you communicate via email with Very etc, I'd love it if someone could point me in the right direction so I can find out who I should email, rather than relying on snail mail :)

Thanks

SoS

details are in link on post 8

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Thanks both :)

I have had Very Arrears Collection Dept phone me before 9am this morning, I specifically requested that they kept all communication in writing and did not phone me, seems they are ignoring that request :(

EDIT : they called again just before 12 noon and the woman just kept repeating that they had to speak to me over the phone to sort my account out, so I hung up again.

And again at 8pm so I have emailed the person named in the link in post 8 with a copy of the letter sent originally, and also stating my displeasure at Very disregarding my wish for them to deal with me in writing as I requested.

Edited by Sack o Spuds

Answered a call from SD arrears collection this morning.

I stated (again) that I had made an offer to pay and had already made a payment and I had also requested all communication to be in writing.

She told me that I should have had a letter informing me that my offer was not acceptable and to phone them!

Not had that letter so she is sending it out again.

She did say that my request for statements is being processed and collated and should be with me soon.

As SD have rejected my offer, and ignored my request for communications in writing only AND my request that interest and charges be frozen, what do I do now?

I know there is a standard letter but is there anything I can add to show my displeasure at them completely ignoring my request for written communication only?

Thanks

SoS