Laura_Bee

Gap in Licensing Prior to Registration with me

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2534 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Okay, so I have just got my first (used) car and I received my V5C today which has myself as the registered keeper from 30/10/2012. My car has a valid MOT until October next year and I have bought the relevant insurance this evening and went to buy car tax online but got the warning that the previous tax/SORN had run out on 01/09/2012 and that the registered keeper will be contacted regarding this offence. And as I have only just bought the insurance today, I am not able to purchase tax until my insurance is on the database (if I knew this, I would have bought insurance earlier but did not plan on driving the car for a little while longer so previously saw it as a waste of money).

Obviously, I was not the registered keeper for almost two full months while the vehicle was unlicensed, so I would assume that I would not be charged for this offence. Am I correct in thinking that? Also, I have been unable to buy the tax until today due to not having the V5C until today, so would I be prosecuted for this at all?

I will be phoning the DVLA on Monday (discovered this too late on a Saturday) and explaining the situation but I'm worried now so would like some information if possible.

Thank you in advanced.

I think they are referring to the previous RK.