Jump to content

Gap in Licensing Prior to Registration with me


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Okay, so I have just got my first (used) car and I received my V5C today which has myself as the registered keeper from 30/10/2012. My car has a valid MOT until October next year and I have bought the relevant insurance this evening and went to buy car tax online but got the warning that the previous tax/SORN had run out on 01/09/2012 and that the registered keeper will be contacted regarding this offence. And as I have only just bought the insurance today, I am not able to purchase tax until my insurance is on the database (if I knew this, I would have bought insurance earlier but did not plan on driving the car for a little while longer so previously saw it as a waste of money).


Obviously, I was not the registered keeper for almost two full months while the vehicle was unlicensed, so I would assume that I would not be charged for this offence. Am I correct in thinking that? Also, I have been unable to buy the tax until today due to not having the V5C until today, so would I be prosecuted for this at all?


I will be phoning the DVLA on Monday (discovered this too late on a Saturday) and explaining the situation but I'm worried now so would like some information if possible.


Thank you in advanced.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...