Another ATOS death

unclebulgaria67
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://politicalscrapbook.net/2012/11/disabled-man-dies-after-atos-stops-benefits-chris-grayling/

Makes awful reading. Apparently 1700 deaths are being linked to failed ATOS assessments.

Perhaps the government should release full details of their risk assessment into this policy, as surely they must have told ATOS on what basis to assess people as being fit for work.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

32 per week, bloody shocking and a disgrace. Value on a human life? Atos knows, dwp knows shame its sensitive commercial information.

I heard that figure has long been past, into the 70s now. Soon be over a 100, perhaps when people start seeing people they know disappear they might say something. The frightening bit is they just finished reshowing Nazis a warning from History on the TV, yet still nobody is seeing it.

The problem is that ATOS are incentivised for finding as many people fit for work as possible and then the DWP don't really assist people properly afterwards. It is no good saying people are fit to work and then offer no resource to help them. They seem to just say no, cut the money and then the benefit claimant has to apply for JSA without any help being given.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

a good friend of mine was on esa, is dissabled, had to endure the atos medical failed it, was put on jsa, who found her a job in a nusery, 30 hours a week my friend was in agony trying to pick children up that the owner sent her home because she couldnt cope with the job, she went to her GP, who gave her a sick note, but she doesnt know what will happen now because she cant work shes to unwell, so what about other disabled people who get sent to work but are to ill for the job, will they get sick pay

Jesus christ what is this; legal genocide? This needs blowing wide open by the media.
Help the Sick and Disabled

http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/letter-to-the-icc-at-the-hague-re-mistreatment-of-the-disabled-and-sick

Please help us to build this petition on behalf of the mistreated in the UK

Whilst i believe that atos and indeed the whole benefit system is broken and does need radical reform -not sure what though- it is very easy to blame these deaths on atos when i wonder how many direct cases there are. I am not sure the Nazi thing is quite appropriate. That was a whole different set of circumstances and a whole different argument imo.

No the deaths are not directly related, after all Atos isn't treating them. The point is that these people are being declared fit for work and then dying. So blaming atos or the gov for it misses the point somewhat, however it shows how incompetent atos are.

Zonker, this thread did not mention suicide at all. I agree even one suicide is one too many but it is a complex issue. Do you have any statistics on that? By the way in my experience, and i do have a little,most people who commit suicide seem perfectly able and in control,or at least in no danger of doing it.

'The DWP said it did not have research data on the impact of assessments on people's mental health and that no links could accurately be made to suicides.' , from

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19437785

and also this FOI request ,

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/suicide_and_attempted_suicide_du

which shows they are aware of suicides , but they dont collate the information and wont search for them under cost grounds for FOI requests.

I have no doubt that the truth is being hidden for various reasons. But ATOS are not totally to blame. They have been given the job by DWP and told what to do. The real blame is with DWP for not providing appropriate resources to assist people declared fit for work. The DWP should be working with NHS professionals and Job Centre Plus staff to see what is needed to support the people. ATOS are just involved in a box ticking exercise, paid a fee to run the assessments against a limited criteria. I think a number of Doctors have resigned from ATOS, as they were unhappy with the assessment process.

The other issue is whether the UK economy can provide the 35 million jobs that would be required to have full employment. The government have just removed some financial support from Remploy causing the loss of many jobs. This is a bit silly if you ask me, as if you want people with disabilities to work, then government does have a role to play. There are many employers who would not offer employment to people with disabilities, as the cost implications to make reasonable adjustments, may be too much.

I wasn't blaming anyone,i was saying we look at people to blame. When a person commits suicide we may blame ourselves for not having done more,if someone has a dies suddenly we may blame a doctor or the fact we didn't force them to the gp last week.

The issue is really about a process that finds people fit for work but whoare clearly so ill that they have died soon after this decision was taken. Ifyou are so ill that you die within weeks or months of being assessed as"FIT FOR WORK" there is something seriously wrong with the system.

You do not need a degree in medicine or even been a qualified nurse ordoctor to see this needs changing.

ATOS are responsible for the assessments and are therefore responsible forthe gross misjudgement but the government is ultimately responsible for givinga Multi Million £ contract to a company which is not fit for purpose.

Any of us could find ourselves so ill or disabled that we would be UNFIT forwork. We need a system that takes good care of vulnerable people not makingthem more vulnerable and insecure than they already are.

Please help by signing this petition.....Thank you!

http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/letter-to-the-icc-at-the-hague-re-mistreatment-of-the-disabled-and-sick