• Tweets

• Documents arrived today dated 27th March.  This is a cc taken out a long time ago (2008) and they don't seem to have been able to provide a copy of a CCA agreement, just reams of print outs of lines of texts from old bank statements, default notices etc.   
    • Documents finally arrived today from PRA group.  New day have sent me lots of paperwork, copies of default letters and statements, print out of what looks like a CCA that would have been completed on online, IP address as signature.  This debt is not too old, so possible this is the true copy of agreement ?  Not sure what my defence would be beyond irresponsible lending. 
    • pers i wouldn't.. all you need to know is in the posts of that thread....that being section 127(3) of the CCA refers. if under a CCA return, the 'creditor' claims its a recon, it must not contain any details like a sig, tickbox, or typed name (whether you signed physically or by online tickbox) 1. those are not necessary in a recon, so why inc them? (faked??) 2, it cant thus be a recon!!, it must be a copy of the 'original' from the original creditor, not from a debt buyers filing cabinet. they shouldn't not be 'mixing' some original docs from the OC with crap from their filing cabinet, claiming its ALL a recon! because some of it is faked. just remember there are far more docs like NOA and a DN that are as equally important to a court claim of 'this debt is enforceable'. never rely solely upon the dodgy agreement argument.
    • India has thousands of small gold refineries which are facing more competition from big players.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Bactroban without a prescription

nebukhadnezzer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You should never feel embarrased to visit and chat with your GP. Self diagnosis and treatment can be a dangerous thing. You must visit them, that is what they are there for and they will have seen it before and prescribe as required. Bactroban may not be appropriate in your case and not help at all.

There could even be something a lot more serious as the underlying cause.

I agree even talk to the practice nurse who can help.

Bactroban (Muriprocin) is a powerful antibiotic and should on be used after proper diagnosis.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

You never know with medication bought online if it's genuine or contains dodgy ingredients which at best are harmless and at worst, dangerous. See a doctor!!

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Anyone

I need some Bactroban (a skin cream) but i'm embarrassed about going to the GP for a prescription. Can I buy this product in the UK without a prescription ie on Amazon or online?

Any other way of buying it?

Many thanks

N

If you are embarrassed at going to ANY GP : that us what they are there for.

If you are embarrassed at going to THAT GP : is there another practitioner in that practice you would see? Or should you be considering changing practice?

It's an anti-bacterial ointment used to treat bacterial skin infections, such as impetigo, folliculitis (Hot tub rash) and furunculosis (Boils), in particular those caused by MRSA.

There's no need to be embarrassed speaking to your GP, there's nothing under the sun they haven't seen before & it is highly unwise to try and self medicate. ;)

Just to clarify, if you are found in possession of a controlled drug 'read prescription only' and dont have a prescription you may be committing an offence. From what i have read this is a prescription only, it has potential for nasty things.

Saying that , i wouldnt trust any medicine unless it came from a reputable source. Theres a lot of [problematic] online for medicines, you dont know what youll get.

Antibiotics of certain classes are prescription only for a very specific reason which is highlighted by the problems the we now see with MRSA organisms develop resistance with over use and uncontrolled use.

Prescription only drugs also include narcotics, amphetamines., benzodiazipines, and beta blockers all of which a subject to abuse.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Just to clarify, if you are found in possession of a controlled drug 'read prescription only' and dont have a prescription you may be committing an offence. From what i have read this is a prescription only, it has potential for nasty things.

Saying that , i wouldnt trust any medicine unless it came from a reputable source. Theres a lot of [problematic] online for medicines, you dont know what youll get.

It is unlawful to posses a prescription only drug that hasn't been prescribed for you (except for certain exemptions : like the pharmaceutical industry(

However "prescription only medicine" doesn't equal "controlled drug". There are prescription only meds that are also controlled drugs (like morphine), controlled drugs that aren't prescribable (like heroin, rather than its prescribable version : diamorphine) and prescription only meds that aren't controlled drugs (like bactroban).

Bazzas the Home Office has advised that the lists they publish are not exhaustive and for clarification they should be contacted. Thats the reason i had the quote marks , whilst not immediately obvious alot of commonly prescribed drugs are controlled and its not easy to be 100% sure of the exact legal status.

This is no disrespect or criticism of you but ive been looking hard for the law which says prescribed drugs are illegal to possess without a prescription. Medicine act 1968 and amendments basically say if you have them and not 'dealing' and for your own use excempt from a licence, The Prescription Only Medicines (Human Use) Order 1997 basically mentions prescription only medicine (it mentions this particular drug) and doesnt as far as i can see restrict ownership but makes it clear what drugs can be administered to others under exemption. I too had thought prescription only drugs were illegal to have without prescription but it appears not.

The board that approves medicines has a section about internet sales and it only advises not to buy prescription only medicines from the internet and go see your gp. It doesnt say its illegal to own it but it does make you aware it may be fake / ineffective.

The only thing from all of this i am certain of , that anything claiming to have a medicinal purpose must be approved and should be obtained through legitimate means. How you actually get the medicine its not clear cut. Those selling medicine outside the law are prosecutable.

Edited by Zonker

Bazzas the Home Office has advised that the lists they publish are not exhaustive and for clarification they should be contacted. Thats the reason i had the quote marks , whilst not immediately obvious alot of commonly prescribed drugs are controlled and its not easy to be 100% sure of the legal status

It isn't hard to work out what is a PoM and what is a CD,

To save you having to search the individual Schedules where the CD's are classified, the BNF (British National Formulary) has the indicator "PoM" or "CD" by the relevant medicine .............

I have mo idea what the drug is used for or why you are embarrassed. All i will say is that Doctors really have seen it all,from all STI's to men and women who have "accidentally" sat on something. If you really don't want to see your own doctors there are always walk in centres such as in Boots in Birmingham

Hi nebukhadnezzer, can I ask you what makes you think that you need Bactroban?

It is a very specific Antibiotic for the treatment of specific skin infections.

Antibiotics are used in the treatment of highly suspected or proven bacterial infections of the body.

They are more effective in treating those types of infections if proven through patient history, followed by any further investigations such as blood tests or bodily fluid specimins (such as sputum, urine, skin scrapings or pus collections)

Antibiotic treatment needs monitoring to make sure that they are being effective in fully treating the condition they are being taken for or, they may need changing to another more effective treatment or longer treatment.

Please don't be embarrassed to see your GP. That is their profession to treat the General Public.

If you are worried about your health in any way please seek help and advice and leave the Internet Drugs for those who could potentially do more, if not serious, harm to themselves.

I would never recommend buying antibiotics from the Internet.

Please go and get professional help, good effective medical treatment and advice, but most of all think of your own health and wellbeing.

Good luck x

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

I think we have helped.

1) go to a gp

2) buying it from online is a bad idea. They need a license to sell it and youll need a prescription to get it if you are following the accepted procedure. The item you get from online pharmacies is not guarenteed to be even the item you want and can in fact lead to more harm.

3) prescribed drugs can be controlled drugs and potentially can have you arrested for dealing without the correct prescription.

Very interesting thread but not on topic. I do think we have answered the questions though.

You can get private prescriptions online. I believe lloyds do them but you pay through the nose. Or you can go to a private clinic so not your own gp but again the cost.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks