style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2531 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi - i'm hoping for some advice re contracts please?

I work for NHS, and our structure is currently undergoing redesign. basically, there will be more people currently in senior posts than there will be posts at that grade in the new structure. we will need to reapply for the posts and interview, those who are unsuccessful will be on protected salary, but will be redeployed into junior posts if any are available- or out-with the service.

i am currently working out with my permanent (contracted) role for short period - due to return to it January 2013, but was given assurances by HR dept that my 'terms and conditions' were unaffected, and I would need to apply and interview just the same as other staff at the time of change. I have since been informed that job descriptions have been reviewed and agreed by all other staff at the same grade as me, and the changes identify areas of speciality that the staff involved have skills in- my area of speciality has not been included - so effectively - I fear I would be disadvantaged. I have not been consulted, or shown the job descriptions, neither would i agree changes that would disadvantage me!:sad:

I've been informed that they have been signed off - so what can I do next- if anything. I discussed my concerns with my line manager yesterday who just shrugged and said - 'oh well' :-x