experian - free trial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you want't definitive answers why not contact the CRAs as I have done over many years???

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I've always wondered about this. I was scared to check for that reason.

For my personal circumstances, it was good to check as it helped me sort my financial life out.

I was fighting one creditor which is why I checked it. Then I heard from a different creditor soon after and suspected that by checking my CRA file, I had shouted "im here!!!!"

However that was for a debt that was 6 months away from being sb'd, so could be a coincidence.

The cynical part of me believes that notifying cras when a debtor

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

:-)

...checks their file would be a service worth subscribing to if one is a cra. For that reason, I would be surprised if such a service did not exist. CRA's are as money grabbing as any other org imo

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

What would be a cheaper way of doing it Brig?

There are many tracing agencies in th UK data can be bought from many organisations,data is is sold and shared in a myriad of ways.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Where do the tracing agencies get their data? Could they not buy it from CRAs?

P.s. Not blindly disagreeing with your overall stance brig, but this is certainly worth a debate! :-)

Been done Mr H trawl the forums there are numerous ''debates'' on this and most continue the conspiracy theories and what ever experienced and considered answers are given there is always a ''yes but'' or '' what if'' campaign to follow.

The TAs are producing the data by research, field work etc an e-mail address can reveal the id and location of the owner.

Hi All,

I have been out of the UK for over 6 years. I have recently requested my 'free' credit report

Will let you know if anyone tries to chase an old 'forgotten' debt as a result of signing up

G

• 1 month later...

I would like to share a worrying development with you.

I have just received an email from a DCA with accurate info concerning a debt, so it is legit.

I have never ever given this DCA this email address and the original creditor did not have it either, infact I never put it on forms etc!

This is the address I use for Creditexpert so I can only assume they have passed it on!!!!!

It even has a credit expert advert at the bottom of the email:

attachment.php?attachmentid=40759&stc=1&d=1358448760

Managing your credit report is very important, visit http://www.creditexpert.co.uk now and get unlimited access to your Experian credit report with a 30-day free trial. See what lenders see about you. Look for potential inaccuracies and unauthorised activity preventing ID Fraud. Get ID fraud alerts via SMS or e-mail. Know when your credit report changes. Improve your credit rating and get credit report advice. Higher scores usually mean lower interest rates on new credit applications, which could save you money.

Watch out when requesting your file people!

Are you signed up to any social media netoworking sites? Linkedin etc?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If you are signed up with them ( especially facebook) then your email can be obtained in a whole host of different ways. It's one of the reasons the EU is clamping down on facebooks privacy rules.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

If you are signed up with them ( especially facebook) then your email can be obtained in a whole host of different ways. It's one of the reasons the EU is clamping down on facebooks privacy rules.

Could be I guess, but a coincidence its has a Credit Expert advert at the bottom of the page?

Wouldnt know about adverts. I use an adblocker.

If you use an address on a CRA site it forms part of the data available when searches etc are, made you can't expect to have a ''secret address.

If you use an address on a CRA site it forms part of the data available when searches etc are, made you can't expect to have a ''secret address.

Yes im guessing when you sign up to see your credit file its in burried the T+C's

Just a warning to people really, If you are trying to lay low from an old debt don't check your file online as they will come all out the wood work, probably best to check the manual way, by post.

I am now 99% sure checking my file online brought heat back on me!

The address forms part of the ''credit profile'' without it the whole thing would be useless.

Then I would check your credit profile, but it's most likely that as others have said it's been linked from elese where.