ccs collect - dept for work and pensions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone, firstly keep up the amazing work you do, it means a lot to know there is people to help and support you when in trouble.

Ok, had letter from ccs for 2304.25 overpayment to dept for work and pensions. This around 10 years ago and we did start paying them a small amount each month but that stopped around 5 years ago. Get a letter every couple of years and I think 3 years ago I told them to 'prove it' and asked for a copy of my file which they suly sent several months later (reams of paperwork!). should i respond to ccs?

Thanks all

If there is any clear period of six years (five in Scotland) where you made no payment or written admission of the debt it would be Statute Barred & they would be unable to take any enforcement action.

Having said that, the DWP have a partial exemption in the fact that they can deduct monies owing from any future payments they make to you from the majority of benefits/pensions.

Suggest that you keep any proof of the challenges you have made regarding the carers allowance, as you may need this in the future. i.e if they deducted from pensions/benefits.

The chances are that as time goes on this may just getting dropped and not picked up again. The DWP will next year start a 3+ year process of changing the benefit system.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Suggest that you keep any proof of the challenges you have made regarding the carers allowance, as you may need this in the future. i.e if they deducted from pensions/benefits.

The chances are that as time goes on this may just getting dropped and not picked up again. The DWP will next year start a 3+ year process of changing the benefit system.

thanks all, so should i ignore or is there a letter i should be sending?

now had phonecall at parents house asking for us - we lived there a long time ago. from css chasing debt, parents told dont live there anymore and did not give any details other than confirm the address they been writing to. we are ex directory. should i respond? write letter? thanks

• 2 weeks later...

help help help....letter to day from CCS staing full amount in 7 days or offer to pay. They are prepared to litigate under the social security administrations act of 1992. They threaten warrant of exceution and attachment of earnings. Help me please I need some advice on what to do. Thank you all

Relax.

Answer some questions to help others to help you.

Has there been six years (5 in Scotland) of non payment toward this? If so then it is statute barred.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Bazooka Boo - according to Payplan benefit overpayments do not become time barred.

Benefit Overpayments

The Department of Work & Pensions (DWP) can chase debts after 6 years without going to court. They reclaim the overpayments by deducting them from current benefits.

http://www.payplan.com/debt-library/joint-and-several-liability-the-limitation-act-1980.php

Bazooka Boo - according to Payplan benefit overpayments do not become time barred.

http://www.payplan.com/debt-library/joint-and-several-liability-the-limitation-act-1980.php

See the second paragraph in post #4.

They can deduct monies owing from future benefits but what they can't do is take enforcement action such as apply for a CCJ or obtain a Liability Order.

• Confused 1

we did start to make payments a long time ago, maybe 5/6 years, not exactly sure is honest

OK, are you able to check bank statements to look for any sign of payment?

CCS like to talk the talk, threaten bully & psychologically intimidate their seven day deadline means nothing.

They use this lame threat to force debtors to ring them up and face a barrage of threats rudeness and lies.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

never been on benefits and please god never will be

a carers allowance is a form of benefit - were you overpaid this allowance? why do they think it is overpaid?

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

Relax, if a stranger turn up on your private property you can tell them to disappear and shut the door, they have NO legal powers to do anything less for sending out random puerile missives they've fabricated on their speak & spell.

If they were going to take legal action then they wouldn't have waited for 5/6 years!

Ignore CCS, they CANNOT do anything.

If your overly concerned then you need to contact the DWP and go through their lethargic complaints procedure.

Can you scan and post up the letter you received from CCS? Ensure you REMOVE ALL IDentifiers, including bar codes, funny boxes and ref numbers.

What have you received off the DWP?

so you got spoofed into paying some years back

all they want is to fleece you

i bet if you were to phone DWP

that money you paid

NEVER came off the over payment anyhow.

CCS are NOT BAILIFFS

they have NO SUCH legal powers

any doorstepping money collectors are just men in raincoats waving clipboards.

never ever pay any doorstepper.

and NO they CANNOt take you to court.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

had further letter from CCSCOLLECT.

Notice of intended legal action.

This is a notice of intended legal action..

.documents are being prepared for final recovery..

..You need to pay full amount of £2304.25 by 10am on 23.12.2012 (thats a Sunday???).

If you fail to pay we may ask the court to warrant of execution, attachment of earnings...

..WHAT DO I DO???

THIS ISNT GOING AWAY OR IS THIS AN EMPTY THREAT?

This is an overpayment of carers allowance from appx 5 or 6 years ago - HELP!