mbarryt

how to pay back tax credit overpayments

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2505 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

my daughter & partner are being asked to pay back around £4000 in a lump sum in 10 days. is there any way of spreading the payment? After months of saying it would come out of tax next year (by phone), the tax office now say its got to be a lump sum & suggest taking out a loan or paying be credit card!

this is despite my daughter phoning the tax office several times because she didn't think she was due the money initially, but the tax office insisted they were right.

my daughter & partner are being asked to pay back around £4000 in a lump sum in 10 days. is there any way of spreading the payment? After months of saying it would come out of tax next year (by phone), the tax office now say its got to be a lump sum & suggest taking out a loan or paying be credit card!

this is despite my daughter phoning the tax office several times because she didn't think she was due the money initially, but the tax office insisted they were right.

Im now in the same sort of situation, I now have an overpayment of £4000, but insted of being asked to repay it right away, it will be taken form future awards of wtc

But dont know whats going to happen in 2013 when my earnings rocket to £15000, and not entitled to wtc, got a funny feeling there going to come after me, and demand full payment

I would write to them and dispute the overpayment, and try to get it to the tribunal court, at the tribunal court, I would be asking for the recorded phone calls, as your side of the evidence

next person they rang said they can py it over 2 years! go figure, as the americans say