Suspicious Work Offer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, My husband has his c.v. on job websites because he is unemployed and he has had an e-mail from a company who have offered him a position as a 'Financial Services Officer', home based and they want to put money in his bank account. Here is an except from the e-mail they have sent him Your main job would be monitoring your on-line Task Manager, which you'll create on our site. Once the funds enter your account, your supervisor will notify you and assign you your tasks for the day. At this point you would go to your bank, withdraw the funds and transfer them using Western Union or Money Gram, as instructed by your supervisor. In the beginning you will only receive 2 to 3 transactions per week. Every transaction is followed by an invoice with our company's seal. You would always be aware of where the funds are coming from and where they are being transferred to.

They are promising £1,500 pcm to be available 9-11 a.m. 5 days a week plus 8% commission. They say it is 'global outsourcing' and for the expediency of money transfer.

Has anyone else heard of this - to me it seems too good to be true and I worried it could be money laundering. Any advice anyone? Thanks in advance.

Don't touch with a barge pole. Anyone who wants to put money in someone else's account has got to be running a [problem].

I read a similar thread not long ago where the person did take up the offer and ended up being investigated for money laundering.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Completely agree with the above - this scheme has been about for ages and from the job description it is clear that it is involved in bypassing normal banking processes - 'clients' transferring money to your account which you then re-send using money transfer. Smacks of money-laundering with no idea of the origin of the payments.

Leave well alone unless you enjoy the close attention of all sorts of law enforcement and other agencies!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I sold a car on ebay once and the buyer tried to pay by cheque. He wanted to pay £1800 on top of the car cost so that I could pay the transportation company £1800 by western union after which the car would be collected and both buyer and seller would be happy. I thought this sounded strange and when I looked into it I was informed by people (including the police) that it is a fraud that had been going on a while. The cheque would have been stolen and would clear in my account but when the company noticed the payout they would report it to the bank and get their money back. I would have been £1800 and a car out of pocket. When you pay by western union you have no come back if you find you want your money back.

I know that the offer to you was to place funds into your bank and not cheques but it may actually be cheques once you sign up because if they have your account details it may be a cheque they pay in rather than a transfer. Otherwise, perhaps the transfer is a fraudulent one of some kind. Either way once you have sent money by western union it is GONE and if the bank tell you the money that has paid into your bank account has gone too you would be very unlucky.

We have had several varieties of this kind of fraud on this forum involving different companies.

Each time, the victim - an ordinary person like your husband, ends up with serious debts and being chased by the likes of eBay or Paypal etc.

It will wreck his life.

Report it to action fraud and stay well clear.

Please post any other details of the name of this company etc on this forum - and I suggest that you go to MSE and post it there too so that as many people as possible are warned.

Hi

I would pass the details onto Action Fraud and let them deal with it: www.actionfraud.police.uk/

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Can you be a bit more specific about who they are, what they do and where they are.

There are several companies with this name and we don't want to identify the wrong one

This is their explanation of what their company does:

Our professional team is a small, reputable art promoting enterprise established and headquartered in the United Kingdom. The company provides services of unification and communication among masters of art area and individuals interested in art works.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I have just come across your post. You have probably not taken the risk, this is for others who may be tempted. DON'T DO IT. IT'S A [problem]. I was targeted by this last year. The company then called itself Click-N-Art. Selling Russian art throughout the world but my transactions were in the Ukraine. Funds arrived in our account, I did the transfer as instructed then the bank removed the 'deposit' from our account and sent it back to HSBC as it was considered a 'fraudulent transaction'. Before I withdrew the money I asked the bank representative whether it was in the account and could I withdraw it. He confirmed it was all OK so I carried out the transaction.It took me over 12 months to get my money back from RBS. Salutary lesson as stated above. If it seems to good to be true - it probably is. I informed ALL the relevant authorities, Police, Action Fraud etc. I also had a go at Jobs Boards that have my CV on line to let them know!

Edited by honeybee13
Please refrain from circumventing the language filter.

Hi, Thanks for your reply. No we obviously didn't do this. Unfortunately we tried to report it but no-one seemed interested especially Police. Their view was we weren't victims as we had had the sense not to do it so why were we bothering to try and warn others.

Funds arrived in our account, I did the transfer as instructed then the bank removed the 'deposit' from our account and sent it back to HSBC as it was considered a 'fraudulent transaction'.

Of course the HSBC might know what they're talking about as they were themselves accused of laundering billions of dollars for drug barons and terrorists:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/dec/14/hsbc-money-laundering-fine-management

Edited by Sidewinder
Amended wording for clarification purposes!

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"