style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I spent a long time online and then instore researching what tumble dryer to buy. I personally like buying from John Lewis as their after care is so good customer service wise. I went in to John Lewis yesterday and asked for advice about tumble dryers and a nice man explained how condensor dryers worked, how they are emptied, and the filter care etc. and in the end I chose one I'd like most online too, it was priced £3 less than my budget so was pushing my limit but I liked the model. It was out of stock however as it is their most popular model according to the man so he printed me out the info on it so I could keep an eye out online and order it from home when it came back in stock which he said would not be long.

This morning I wake up and check online and low and behold they have tons in stock (well more than 10 is what it always says!) but the price has leapt up another £53 in one go taking it way over my budget. I google the model and find hundreds of stores selling it cheaper, in fact John Lewis is now by far the dearest place selling it. I print out the Currys website page as they are selling it at the price quoted in John Lewis yesterday and phone John Lewis assuming they will price match as I thought that's what they did.

Of course another bonus about John Lewis is for all large appliances they offer a free second year guarantee, and for all TV's they offer five years guarantee. Another reason to buy there.

I'm then told they only price match if everything being offered is exactly the same, so they would only offer a price match on this tumble dryer if it came with two years guarantee as it does at John Lewis.

As far as I am aware, John Lewis is the only retailer to offer a free second year guarantee on all large appliances, so it's not going to be possible to find exactly the same deal for any large appliance, so does this extra second year guarantee render the price promise worthless really as they have given themselves a free pass to charge what they like for their appliances?

Email [email protected] he is their CEO and make a serious complaint.

Last year John Lewis altered their "Never Knowingly Undersold" with the addition in small print that the product must have the same guarantee as John Lewis as well,which you have found to your cost.

Not quite the wonderful John Lewis you first thought,

regards FS

I too read about JL trying to not price match because of difference in guarantee but from experience submitting an online price match is quite easy. Bought a couple of tv's last year and saved about £400, they were more concerned about availability, whether there was a actual shop on the high street and delivery. Takes about a week for them to get back to you to confirm if sucessful.