Franchisee not paying Wages / sending abusive texts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I have been delivering for Knowhow for a Franchisee.

I no longer work for Knowhow but the Franchisee is refusing to pay my outstanding wages and is sending abusive texts.

I contacted HR but they refuse to deal with it.

To whom do I complain?

Thanks for any help

just going to flag this to site team as it might be better under employment issues

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

moved

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am confused by who the contract was between. Who said they would pay you and what do you have in writing? Are you employed or self employed?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Dear Sir / Madam

I have recently finished employment at the Knowhow Leeds CSC (Howley Park Road - Morley, Leeds)

I was employed by a Franchisee

Mr xxxx

Not only am I being refused 4 days pay which I am owed - I am in receipt (and have kept) text messages from Mr xxx calling me a f***ing moron (I have inserted the asterisks).

I am absolutely furious to have been treated this way. I appreciate I have a right to claim these wages via Section 13(1) of 1996 Employment Rights Act, however, I find it dreadful to have been treated this way and want to bring it to your attention.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Disgruntled Employee

Hi,

We have checked our records and neither xxx or yyy are employees of Dixons Retail. Unfortunately we are therefore unable to take this matter any further for you, but suggest you speak to your employers to resolve the issue.

Apologies that we cannot help further.

Regards

Employee Relations

Dixons Retail Limited

Hi

This is from this ACAS Link: http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1488

Are employees protected from unauthorised deductions from their wages?

Yes. The law protects individuals from having unauthorised deductions made from their wages, including complete non-payment. This protection applies both to employees and to some self-employed workers.

There are extra protections for individuals in retail work that make it illegal for an employer to deduct more than 10 per cent from the gross amount of any payment of wages (except the final payment on termination of employment) if the deduction is made because of cash shortages or stock deficiencies.

Workers who believe they have suffered an unlawful deduction from wages should take it up with their manager and/or HR/payroll department. If this doesn't resolve the matter, recourse may be made to formal internal procedures. Only if all else fails should a complaint to an employment tribunal be considered.

Also this PDF may be of interest:

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group