style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2536 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Cananyone advise if

CRS Civil Recovery solutions

UKCRS, PO Box 9877, Nottingham, NG1 9GB

Are they part of, or formally the company trading as “Retail Loss Prevention”. ?

I am pre-empting the possible letter from them seeking civil loss claim from them which I anticipate arriving shortly.

Are CRS in a position to recover any form of debt / compensation after being served a “Notice of Civil Recovery” by a store security guard?

A fixed penalty notice for £80 was issued by a police officer relating to the DA12 offence (theft)

I have paid the Fixed penalty notice. as I want a prompt closure to this matter.

The offence was NOT pre planned - was a gnuine oversight / lapse of concentration, lots of things on my mind ,after having had several (seven) operations / procedures to my eye in the last 12 months, this following a serious assault in public house, more treatment planned in the near future, and still under care and medication for stress / depression and anxiety, my GP is willing to substantiate in a letter.

I purchased several items to the value of £48 plus, and forgot one item I had placed in my coat pocket value £16.98 as I was struggling to hold all the items in my hands.

Genuine error (50 plus years old -no criminal record – yes I walked out of the store with a unpaid item in my pocket – when challenged by security realised my error and offered to pay – they detained me for over a hour (whilst the police arrived) in a small room used to house cctv monitioring equipment, cold , confined area, door covered by security person all the time

Should I respond as in early forum answers , that there is no debt and quote the example of “Oxford Court Case” Retailer v Ms K and Ms B ?

Or should I proffer a small arbitrary sum ?

Your suggestions / advise / experiance would be appreciated please

No, they have no connection to RLP.

We do not advise engaging with civil recovery companies in any way, save to send (if you like), a letter stating that any liability to them or their client is denied, and that no further correspondence will be entered into; then ignore them. Alternatively, just ignore them.