Scottish power prepayment meter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As a landlord I have just had new tenants move into my property. I informed scottish power that they had moved in, but have just had a phone call to say that as the last tenant has not paid their bill scottish power must now put a pre-payment meter in and if I dont give my consent they will get a warrant to do so. They also said they would stop me using an alternative supplier because of the debt. I still hold the previous tenants deposit, although it is not enough to cover the full debt left behind by the tenant it would cover about half. I have heard of companies accepting a 'settlement figure' - is there a particular department that I could offer this to, or do you have any suggestions as to what I could say that would persuade them to accept the settlement and therefore not put in a meter?

I know meters are not always evil, but I also have my property on the market to sell, and I feel a prepayment meter would put off potential buyers.

Many thanks for any help in advance - I see there is a scottish power rep on here, I can't PM him as I have only just registered, but if someone else could I'd appreciate it.

and wait for someone to check this

im fairly sure that if you can prove it was let out and theres no mention of you being liable for the services in the tenancy agreement then you might not need to pay this debt as its the tenants debt not yours and you have no liability for it

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Hi, I am the ScottishPower company rep on CAG. As an general rule, if there is a formal tenancy agreement in place, then the debt is clearly the previous tenants and we will pursue them. I am happy to offer further advice about this particular case. If you can email details to [email protected]. I can look into it. Regards Gerry