style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2537 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I was looking for a magazine and came across Pocket mags website. I saw a magazine I was interested in reading and bought a one off copy. There is a tick box to indicate that you are buying a one off subscription.

Today I checked on my current account and noticed a payment marked "Magazinecloner.Com Ltd 1************90 - Recurring Visa Transaction" If I had known it was a recurring VISA transaction payment I would never have purchased from the site. Surely this is a fraudulent as I never agreed to the recurring transaction. As a matter of fact, I would never agree to any card recurring transaction with any company.

I have no objection to the one payment, but strenuously object to the recurring VISA transaction. I emailed the company and this is the reply;

The recurring subscription is a stipulation on all Apple subscriptions, which is implemented by Apple not us. A user can’t subscribe unless the subscription is in a recurring manner. To cancel the recurring subscription, you can find instructions here http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 . If you’d like a refund, please contact Apple, as the transaction would’ve gone through them. To do this, click ‘report a problem’ next to the item in your iTunes purchase history.

I have a Windows 7 PC and do not use Apple products let alone iTunes as I don't downloads apps. Nowhere on the website does it indicate that it is a Apple subscription. I am normally very careful and cannot believe that I have been conned this way. Especially as I have never been an Apple customer! I have Win 7 and detest Apple products as think they are over priced and would never use iTunes anyway.

I have contacted my bank, Nationwide and asked them to make sure that any recurring transactions are cancelled, but not sure if they will honour my request or trot out a dozen excuses. Is there anything else I can do?

I remember Watchdog highlighted recuring credit card transactions as difficult to cancel via your bank, you have to request/ write to the originator.

I have contacted my bank, Nationwide and asked them to make sure that any recurring transactions are cancelled, but not sure if they will honour my request or trot out a dozen excuses. Is there anything else I can do?

Yes, follow the call up with a letter stating that any payment authority the bank has with Pocket Mags or Magazinecloner (or associates) was revoked by your telephone call of XX/XX/XXXX. And that the Payment Services Regulations 2009 oblige them to honour your request and refund any further payments that they make.

See:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17870704

It took several emails to them before they said the3 debit should not have had the words "Recurring DD". I very seldom buy Online and have never had any issues, but it is frightening to kn ow that without your permission they can in initialise a recurring payment. Apparently this can also happen if you buy an app through iTunes whether or not you agreed to the recurring transaction.