vicky982

financial charges after a car accident?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2526 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello

I recently had the misfortune of having a car accident early one Sunday morning.

I was on my way to Leicester on the A46 and joined a round about at a reasonable low speed (traffic lighted) my car spun out from underneath me as the back wheels lost themselves, I managed to keep the car on the road for a couple hundred meters before hitting the curb side on and flipping the car across the grass and down a ditch. I was suspended upside down for 1 hour before emergency services could cut me but but thankfully I could walk away to the ambulance.

My insurance on this new car was third party only (no one else was involved in the accident)

Witnesses confirmed I was not speeding and as I didn't not travel far from hitting the curb, this also showed I was not speeding either.

The police confirmed this and also commented another 2 accidents in the same week on the same spot had happened, plus a phone call last weekend confirmed 3 more accidents on the same spot, same circumstances has arisen and they are reporting on the road conditions (possible adverse camber)

I was quite shaken up after the accident and mildly concussed, so I was collected and taken home (ambulance did not take me to hospital)

The police arranged for the car to be moved and took my details.

I was then presented with a £250 bill for the pick up of my car, plus £25 a day charged for the week inbetween. The garage will not budge on charges, or take my car in scrap value. I did not agree to charges and I was not instructed in this possible cost?

Does anyone have any advice for me, I have no money at the moment, due to moving house the day before the accident and I have been advised by others to just post off my log book in payment?

When your involved in an accident and the Police are involved they take it on themselves to clear the Highway (which includes footpaths, verges and in your case ditches) all paid for by those involved or their insurers if covered. Luckily you didn't require hospital because they send bills for that to.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

When you say "new" car is that new to you and a second hand car or a totally new car? Didn't you have breakdown cover? On third party you need to pick up the tab.

I was on my way to Leicester on the A46 and joined a round about at a reasonable low speed (traffic lighted) my car spun out from underneath me as the back wheels lost themselves, I managed to keep the car on the road for a couple hundred meters before hitting the curb side on and flipping the car across the grass and down a ditch.

Can you write that again as it just doesn't tally in its present format