Cap1 SAR reply

gerson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Got my wife and mine SAR details back from Capital One

Wife account opened in 2000, mine was 2002. Both using the 'Application form' type.

Noticed that wifes statements contain PPI, started in 2002 until about 2005, plus some 'Annual membership fees' and an 'Upgrade fee'?? Also missing statements from 2000 till 2002.

My statements only show some 'late payments fees' and 'over limit fees' - no PPI

I will put all of these into two seperate claims using the spreadsheets in the library - which is the best one to use?

Is it best to split the PPI out of the claim for my wife as a deperate claim?

The statements supplied do not indicate what the APR was - do I need to request this from CAP1?

Thanks

G

yes split the claim for each of you

and split the claims for PPI & PENALTY charges too.

This second spreadsheet is a compound interest calculator and can be used both for PPI claims and Charges Reclaims on Revolving Credit Accounts such as credit cards. Compound interest is not an award that foslink3.gif will give in respect of PPI claims but it can be used in PPI cases that are pursued through the courts. It is the standard sheet that is also used for charges reclaims both on credit cards and loan accounts where interest in restitutionlink3.gif is claimed.

CISheet v101.xls

is the sheet to use on CC's

as for the SAR

you need to writeback and ask why those important statements are missing.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DX,

Thanks for the fast response.

I will be writing back and asking for the missing statements and also a history of the annual APR for each year of the accounts

For the time being I will use the spreadsheet you provided and the current APR to get a picture of what should be paid back.

Looking at other threads regarding CAP1 it would appear that they are defending the charges reclaims and only repaying fees charged over the 12 GBP mark (i.e. if charge was 20 GBP then refund is only 8 GBP).

Will keep this updated as necessary

G

Hi CAG,

Just been filling in the spreadsheet(s) with the charges and PPI details and we have noticed some payments to SENTINEL CARD - which my wife beleives this was CAP1s card protection service, which started 2 months after the last PPI payment (she thinks this was cancelled by phone - although nothing appears in the call logs)

Does anyone know if that is correct - if so then I will add these charges as well (only 3 or 4 payments as it looks like an annual payment)

Thanks

G

Hi CAG,

Just been filling in the spreadsheet(s) with the charges and PPI details and we have noticed some payments to SENTINEL CARD - which my wife beleives this was CAP1s card protection service, which started 2 months after the last PPI payment (she thinks this was cancelled by phone - although nothing appears in the call logs)

Does anyone know if that is correct - if so then I will add these charges as well (only 3 or 4 payments as it looks like an annual payment)

Thanks

G

blimey they bo you three ways!!

cheeky beggers

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi IMS,

That site is not available outside the UK. I have had a look at other Sentinel Card web sites and it looks more like a repository for important document numbers and contact details with added benefits, most of which can be provided by your home insurance

Hi DX,

Yep looks as though they gor my wife every which way. Found the PPI cancellation memo/note and it makes interesting reading (my wife remembers the call very well due to the extremely hard sell made not to cancel the PPI)

All-in-all it looks as though CAP1 owe us jointly something in the region of 3k

Will keep this thread updated with our progress

Regards

G

Hi IMS,

That site is not available outside the UK. I have had a look at other Sentinel Card web sites and it looks more like a repository for important document numbers and contact details with added benefits, most of which can be provided by your home insurance

These snippets from their site

Card Protection and Associated Services

Card Loss and Theft Replacement Services

As a Sentinel® Gold member you have access to a 24-hour freephone* service for the reporting of your lost or stolen cards. Simply make one call to us and Sentinel® Gold will arrange to cancel your missing cards with the issuers and request replacements on your behalf.

Lock & Key Insurance

These days many of us have a large number of keys we carry around every day that provide us with access to at least one vehicle and property, sometimes more. Losing your keys can therefore be a frustrating and expensive experience. Sentinel® Gold helps eliminate that by giving you protection against loss or theft of keys.

Personal Belongings Insurance

Often when cards, personal money or identity documents are lost or stolen it also means that your bag, briefcase, wallet or purse has gone missing as well. We cover up to £200 to replace your personal belongings, helping you to keep your costs down and minimise the stress of a loss or theft.

In addition to the cover Sentinel® Gold will provide you with one security coded luggage tag and sticker set per membership. When you receive your tags attach them to your belongings. Should your belongings go missing we can help get them promptly returned to you. No personal details of any kind are shown on tags, so your identity is fully protected.

Unauthorised Call Insurance

On holiday or travelling and your phone’s gone missing? Don’t worry, with Sentinel® Gold whether in the UK or abroad you and your registered household members are fully covered for unauthorised use.

In addition if you need to contact anyone to let them know your mobile is missing or you’re stranded, Sentinel® Gold can do that for you. Register three emergency contact names and numbers and wherever you are in the world we can contact them on your behalf, whatever the time of day or night.

We’ll even attempt to transfer you to your network provide to place a block on the lost/stolen mobile phone.

So as mentioned before, it is an insurance which should be reclaimed.

Hi IMS,

Thanks - I have added those payments into the charges spreadsheet

Just need CAP1 to supply the missing information and then I can finalise the claim(s)

Thanks

G

IMHO i would not inc the sentinel stuff in with your cap1 ppi or charges spreadsheets

do a sep one.

you'll be told YOU enrolled yourself on it

on the card there would have been a yellow sticker

which

implied that you had to ring a number to 'activate' the card

in fact

it was a cleverly worded bit of tot to spoof you into enrolling on the sentinel protection scheme

operated by the external compant.

you never needed to ring the number to activate the card at all.

they'll bounce you off the sentinel for that reclaim

if you type CPP

in you top right search

its the same process

dx

and they

and they

Hi,

Interesting thread. Looking at the call log at the time of the PPI cancellation it states 'PPI cancelled//feels CPP will cover' - however she is adamant that she did not agree to sign up for this.

Will claim this as a seperate element outwith the PPI and charges

So I will have 1 claim for charges for me, one claim for charges for my wife, one claim for PPI for my wife and one claim for Sentinel for my wife

G

• 2 months later...

Update time

I have today received what appears to be the missing statements dating back to early 2000

Will now complete the spreadsheets and get the claims rolling

Two quick questions:

1. Is the annual fee reclaimable?

2. Is the upgrade fee reclaimable?

Thanks all

G

no

no

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Update,

Sent in the claims for PPI, Sentinel CPP, and FEES for both myself and the wife

Cap1 have responded regarding the fees on my wifes' claim - 'no fees within the last six years and prior fees not reclaimable as statute barred persuant to Limitation Act 1980'

Fees are only one single 'late payment 15GBP' back in 2000 - so will not progress this on the wifes' account. Mine is a different matter....

Will keep updated on other claims

G

• 3 months later...

Update:

Have raised complaints with Cap1 regarding Fees, CPP, and PPI reclaims as no replies to date, other than the one above.

So will now have to wait until after July/August for the 'final' response(s) before initiating ICO, FSA, court

G

Update time

I have today received what appears to be the missing statements dating back to early 2000

Will now complete the spreadsheets and get the claims rolling

Two quick questions:

1. Is the annual fee reclaimable?

2. Is the upgrade fee reclaimable?

Thanks all

G

I am interested in dx100 response to your questions here, because of you didn't ask for PPI and it was mis-sold, why are we not permitted to reclaim the annual fees or the upgrade fees applied for the same insurance?

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

under the 'new' extras publicity going around

poss if you didn't need or found useful these fes

then they might well be.

but that's another claim

not part of PPI.

dx

and they

Apologies for hyjacking your thread gerson.

So, it is possible to claim them, but in a seperate claim to the PPI claim?

If we wait to get settlement on PPI claim then submit claim for the 'other' fees? worth a try......That will be going on my 'to do' list.

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

I think this has been covered in one of our recent newsletters shelley

dx

and they

Hi Shelly,

No problem - all information shared is helpfull and not just for me:wink:

I have a total of 5 seperate claims into Cap1 (2xPPI, CPP, 2xFees) for my wife and myself

I included membership and upgrade fees as well (for my wife only). So far they have not responded on these, except the standard rebuff - over 6 years and statute of limitations apply

G

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

OK I have decided that it is time to tackle Cap1

I have all statements going back to 2000 for both accounts

So today I have sent the following:

1 claim for charges for myself (1k)

1 claim for PPI for the wife (2k) - PPI was not ticked on the application but commenced 3 years into the account

1 claim for CPP for the wife (1k) - CPP was applied 2 months after PPI was cancelled

I have given them 14 days from reciept (trackable) to make payment/acknowledgement otherwise FOS/FCA or LBA then court

Will keep you all updated on progress

G

they have 8 weeks to action any complaint

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

PPI/CPP complaint acknowleged and now have 8 weeks to wait

Fees claim - they are stating statute of limitations over 6 years....blah, blah......this is our final response

For the fees is it still worthwhile chasing via the FOS or should I go straight to CC (might look at an EPA as I am based outside the UK and this is purely a money claim)

Or respond , re: fees, quoting section 32© of limitations - mistake

G

fos wont get involved in charges reclaim.

dx

and they