• Tweets

• Hi all, We bought a part to fix our washing machine approx 13 months ago direct from the manufacturer of the washing machine via phone. This part then failed 13 months later, as confirmed by their own engineer, who was sent by the manufacturer (who is also the retailer for the part) FoC. The engineer actually installed a replacement part, the machine came back to life, but they then removed the part used for testing (and ours reinstalled) as "we would be charged for it". The retailer are refusing to replace the part, stating that they only warranty parts for 90 days. When I stated that I believed the Consumer Rights Act gives me longer than that, they insinuated that it did not, and this was repeated by many representatives. AIUI for goods bought more than 6 months ago, I need to get an engineers report to confirm the part has failed? Or that it has failed due to manufacturing issues? Or would the companies own engineers report suffice? Also, does anyone have any other decent contact details for Hotpoint (or the Whirlpool group)? Thanks, GH
    • Thank you for that "read me", It's a lot to digest, lots of legal procedure. There was one thing that I was going to mention to you,  but in one of the conversations in that thread it was mentioned that there may be spies on the Forum,  this is something that I've read quite some time ago in a previous thread. What I had in mind was to wait for the thirty days after their reply to my CCA request and then send the unenforceable letter. I was hoping that an absence of signature could be the Silver Bullet but it seems that there are lot of layers to peel on this Onion.  
    • love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Transcom Worldwide/motormile finance uk/old simplyBe debt - says debt cannot be SB'ed!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.

I'm new here so please be patient with me. I have been looking at various threads on this forum and found a template letter regarding "statute barred".

I received a letter from Transcom Worldwide saying I had an outstanding debt for £265.16 and couldn't understand what the debt was for.

However as the letter was to my address but in my previous name by marriage,

I responded with the template letter where I stated I did not acknowledge any debt with that company etc. etc.

Today I have received a letter saying the contents of my letter have been noted.

They say they confirm that this particular account does not fall under the Limitation Act 1980 and therefore is not statute barred!!

They then go on to ask me to forward my payment proposals!

Heeeelp! Does anyone know what my next course of action should be please?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi welcom eto CAG

scan up that letter

lets all have a laugh at this tin-pot DCA!

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates. {DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN]

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites [http://docupub.com/pdfconvert/]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

i'e Default notice dd-mm-yyyy

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

what is the debt

and

have you checked your CRA file

noddle is free

see below

dx

• Confused 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Of course it falls under the Limitations Act. If there is any clear period of six years (five in Scotland) where you didn't acknowledge the debt or make a payment.

They are in breach of OFT guidelines and you should make a complaint to your local Trading Standards & the OFT.

• Confused 1

i've removed your personal details in several places....oppss!!

thats a strange mix there

simplyBe [JD williams]

now farming out statute barred debts to motormile [biggest inept bunch of lemon buyers there are]

never heard of transworld much

but they certainly need reporting for this

i've moved the thread to the cat forum

there is also a motormile finance forum

might be fun for you to read there too.

never know a JDW to use this bunch of lowlifes before.

they prob dont even know though

def a phishing letter designed to fleece the unknowing!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This situation deepens by the hour I now know of 14 exactly same letters, I shall on Monday speak to a contact at the ICO, something is seriously amiss.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

In Box cleared.

OK I am changing tha approach to this because of the number of similar cases.

Letter to:

Ms. Sarah Woodward

Head of Collections

Transcom World Wide Lt.d

Limewood House

Limewood Way

Seacroft

Leeds

LS14 1AB

Ref: As on their letter.

Statute Barred Debt. and disclaimer.

Dear Ms. Woodward,

I am in receipt of your letter date xx xx xxxx regarding the debt for £xxx.xxx which you allege is owed by me in respect of a SimplyBe account, please note I do not acknowledge any debt to Transcom OR any company you may claim to represent.

In the letter received on xx xx xxxx your company refutes my statement that the alleged debt is statute barred under the Limitation Act 1980, you fail to give any explanation for that statement, therefor I state again the alleged debt is staute barred and I will not make payment.

I have had the oppurtunity to research this matter and have been alerted to many more incidents similar to this regarding the accounts of the JD Williams group of companies one has to query how Transcom World Wide knows that all of these accounts are not statute barred your explanation should be most interesting.

Your reply within 7 days would be appreciated.

RD this.

I am sending 4 similar letter on Monday.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Royal Mail recorded delivery, so you can check they have received the letter.

Of course it falls under the Limitations Act. If there is any clear period of six years (five in Scotland) where you didn't acknowledge the debt or make a payment.

They are in breach of OFT guidelines and you should make a complaint to your local Trading Standards & the OFT.

I sent an email to my local Trading Standards office and they have told me to contact the Citizens Advice Bureau? Surely if I contact CAB they will only tell me to report to Trading Standards. I'm definately confused.com!

Save the ''reporting'' for a complaint to the OFT there are many of these letters surfacing and being challenged so best left for now.

In Box cleared.

OK I am changing tha approach to this because of the number of similar cases.

Letter to:

Ms. Sarah Woodward

Head of Collections

Transcom World Wide Lt.d

Limewood House

Limewood Way

Seacroft

Leeds

LS14 1AB

Ref: As on their letter.

Statute Barred Debt. and disclaimer.

Dear Ms. Woodward,

I am in receipt of your letter date xx xx xxxx regarding the debt for £xxx.xxx which you allege is owed by me in respect of a SimplyBe account, please note I do not acknowledge any debt to Transcom OR any company you may claim to represent.

In the letter received on xx xx xxxx your company refutes my statement that the alleged debt is statute barred under the Limitation Act 1980, you fail to give any explanation for that statement, therefor I state again the alleged debt is staute barred and I will not make payment.

I have had the oppurtunity to research this matter and have been alerted to many more incidents similar to this regarding the accounts of the JD Williams group of companies one has to query how Transcom World Wide knows that all of these accounts are not statute barred your explanation should be most interesting.

Your reply within 7 days would be appreciated.

RD this.

I am sending 4 similar letter on Monday.

I received a response to this letter this morning and their reply was that they have queried the account with their client and are awaiting their response in regards to my dispute/enquiry. they will contact me as soon as they receive a reply!

Yet their previous letter said they can confirm that the account is not statute barred.

Me thinks this means they're trying to pass the buck.

What do you say?

They're talking BOWLOCKS, imo, I emailed and wrote Neil Petty at Motormile a week ago, just acknowledge receipt anf stated upto 56 days for a response.

So far Woodard has failed to reply.

Buck passing yes, underhand yes, come unstuck yes!!

Developments here with Transcom and Motor Mile over the weekend, I have already had sight of responses from Transcom anf MMF received over the weekend.

Scenario Letter received from Transcom WWltd On Friday AM Quote:

''ATTENTION''

''We write in response to your recent letter ''of which the contents have been noted''??.

''We have received a letter from (Brig).In order to to deal with your represntative regarding your finanacial affairs, a letter of authority must be forwarded immediately'' '( letter of authority was attache to the letter sent, e-mail recd. from Transcom last Thursday acknoledging receipt of authority??)

''WE can confirm that this account does not fall under the Limitations Act 1980 and is therefore is not statute barred''. (How the hell do they know???)

''We have contacted our client and requested proof of this debt and as soon as they come back to us we shall contact you''

etc:

Now forward to Saturday am.

Letter received from MMF.

''Thank you for your letter regarding your account with us'' (what account no NOA received?).

I understand your concern to be that the outstanding debt ( what debt, no proof received?)

'' Having now had the opportunity to review our records I can explain that the debt was originally with JD Williams and we purchased the deb in July 2012'' I can also advise that the debt is ALSO STATUTE BARRED and therefore we have closed our file'':-D

(details recalled from transcom etc.)

There is more that here that I have been asked to keep confidential!!

Any Cagger who has received similar correspondence, please contact me by PM or post on your thread, there are implications here for a major complaint to the regulatory authorities regarding the conduct of both companies.

Brig.

I received a letter from these jokers today

I have been out of the UK since April 2006 and last paid any debt i hold in June 2006.

I am concerned about sending a statute barred letter as I have to put my name on it

surely this is acknowledging the debt?

do i sign can i print the letter or hand write it

I will of course send it signed for to the head of collections they are threatening me with a bailiff:mad2:

NO NO the SB letter does not acknowldege the debt in any way!!!

I have reported some of these ''not SB letters to the debt collection team at the OFT today.

Send this RD to Sarah Woodward.

Ref:xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Ms Woodward,

I refer to your companys' letter dated xx xx xxxx inwhich you threaten bailiff action as no judgement is in place I find this threat rather ridiculous, as I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE any debt to TWW (UK) Ltd or any company you may claim to represent.

I have researched my credit history and can confirm that any such alleged debt is STATUTE BARRED and I will not therefore make any payment or offer of payment now or in the future in regard to the alleged debt.

I am fully aware of the OFT Guidance updated November 2012 and the sections regardding the pursuit of statute barred debt.

I must remind you that if you refute this claim the onus of proof lies entirely with TWW(UK) Ltd to show unequivical proof that the allged debt is not statute barred.

This letter IS NOT AN ADMISSION OF ANY LIABILITY.

Send it there is no harm nothing to restart bthe 6 year clock or admit liability,other wise it will drag on for ever.