Reliable collections & simplyBe again........yawn!!!!

dixietu
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help and advice needed please....

I am hopeing that some of you on here will be able to offer me some good advice , I

have been browsing this site for a while now in the hope of being able to get some good advice for my problem with Reliable.

Let me give you some background history:-

I have had an account with Simply Be for years now in fact it must be over 9 -10 years as the account is still in my maiden name despite several unsuccesful attempts to change it.

in January of this year my husbands hours had been reduced at work so i got behind on my payments

i called simply be staright away and explained the situation and asked if there was a tempory arrangement we could come to.

at the time they were fairly helpful but i recieved letters from Reliable collections Urgent Notice detailing the outstanding debt £1366.33 with usual initial advice

and saying team here to help ect ect.

I at that point made arrangement over phone to pay off overdue amount at £69 ever 4 weeks for 6 months

this was duely paid and this agreement not broken as they have since suggested in their letters.

on 18th July i wrote to Reliable following many unsuccesful attempts to contact them by phone

i detailed my current situation explaining that my husband by this time had been made redundant and was only working temporary

i also offered an amount of £10 per month temporary until the situation improved

i enclosed a financial statement detailing our income and expenditure and the fact that we have had to put arrangements in place with other creditors whom have been agreed.

since this time i have had nothing but rude letters and brickwalls put up,

i am sure i dont need to detail all the letters but from reading on here they seem the usual ones ,

despite letters saying we are here to help !!!! HAHAHAHA

i have recieved no help from them only 'pay up or we will take further action type letters'. many phone calls etc which i dont answer.

I have been regularly every 4 weeks paying the £10 to simply be and have not defaulted atall

i am concerned because despite asking that in view of the situation they agree to freeze the interest and charges (£12 administration charges, per letter etc)

they have not done so and therefore the debt is increasing!!!.

Despite haveing paid in total since the first contact in January £454.00

the most recent letter from reliable states there is a balance outstanding of £1387.67!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so angry at this because i have made every effort to come to some arrangement with these' idiots'

and i know the debt is mine and im not saying i dont want to pay it in fact have always said i am mindful to reslove this

but i need some understanding and help in this current financial situation i find myself in .

LAST LETTER I RECIEVED WAS THE 'YOUR CONDUCT IN THIS MATTER IS UNACCEPTABLE AND WILL NOT BE TOLERATED' how dare they!!!!

I have done everything to try and come to an agreement i have not ignored them although since this last letter i have apart from paying my £10.

Sorry its long winded if you have any advice i would be so grateful.

Dixie

H welcome to CAG,

The letter imo breaches guidance in the tone and format of debt collection letters.

I have a couple of things to do first but I will draftb a letter for you asap.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

yep get those charges back

and

stay off the phone

they are not bailiffs and can do nowt to you.

i've moved your thread to the cat forum

lots and lots to read here

bottom line is this:

tell them they are only going to get £xxPCM for xx mts

as a goodwill gesture

and as a reciprocal GOGW they must freeze int & refrain from levying PENALTY charges.

if they wont

drop them to £1PCM for life.

then pay by your internet banking site

and get reclaiming

dx

TAKE CONTROL

or

if yuo think that letter is in response to you telling them £xx for xx mts

then write back........

i'm sorry, but you have failed to assist me during a period of financial difficulty, against all the guidelines and codes

issued by the relevent bodies and authorities that govern you and the way you conduct yourselves.

i repeat again, the contents of my letter dated dd/mm/yyyy, for want of clarification:

to show my goodwill, i am going to pay £XX for XX mts

could you please as a reciprocatal goodwill guesture, refraining from levying any penalty charges & freeze the interest on my account.

i will update you in 6mts time or before, should my situation chance.

should you fail to help by refraining from levying unlawful PENALTY charges & freeze my interest,

i shall have no alternative but to reduce my offer to £1PCM for the rest of the life of the account,

as your actions are doing nothing to help me.

This is contrary to the rules you should operate under.

disgruntled account holder

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Or what I would send is

Dear idiots

In response to your letter dated xxx where you say 'YOUR CONDUCT IN THIS MATTER IS UNACCEPTABLE AND WILL NOT BE TOLERATED' I suggest you look in the mirror and ask yourselves how your CONDUCT IS ACCEPTABLE.

Due to your inability to act in a reasonable manner, my payments will now be £1 per calender month until such time as your paltry charges are stopped and any charges so far implemented are refunded, I also demand that all interest is stopped forthwith.

On acceding to these demands I will enter into normal negotiations towards settleing this outstanding debt in a reasonable amont of time, failure to accede to these demands obviously will show your company in its true light, and I will look forward to reporting you to the relevant authorities to point out your obvious and total disregard for paople in difficuties who are trying thier damndest to clear any debts they may have.

So in parting either grow up or shut up.

Ok I'll put some words together.

Letter goes to the Compliance Managef

Ref: As on their letter.

Formal Formal Complaint/Inapproriate Conduct and Offensive Letter.

Dear Sir or Madaman,

I am in receipt of your lettee dated xx xx xxxx the contents of which I find not ony demeaning but totaly offensive.

I believe your company is in breach of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2006 up dated October 2011, Section 3.7 (improper practices) (j) states''failing to allow alternative, affordable repayment amounts when a reasonable proposal is made by a debtor or a third party.......

(k) states '' Not having appropriate regard to the principles of the Common Financial Statement (or it's equivalent).

There is also I believe a breach of the CSA & dbsg Guidance on Format and Content of Debt Collection letters viii Statements & Phrases I believe that your comment

''your conducted on the matter is unacceptable and will not be tolerated '' is a breach of para 2.6 (g) of the DSG.

I have done as much as I can to reach an amicable resolution of this matter, provided a financial statement clearly showing what exactly I can afford to pay and I have given reasons for my inability to pay any more.

At this stage due to your intransigence on the matter of ceasing charges and freezing interest I have no alternative other than reducing my offered payment to £1.00 per calendar month, this may be reviewed if your companys attitude and conduct changes.

For your information I will be making Complaints to the OFT, CSA and to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you fail to act in a fair and reasonable manner.

I WILL seek to recover all penalty charges levied on the account.

This letter is sent by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery and delivery will be monitored.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 2 weeks later...

I am so so sorry i have not replied before i have unfortunately not been well.

I want to say a huge thankyou to you all for the amazing advice i have this week replied to reliable and await their response .

I will keep you updated ... oh since last letter i have had another from them saying court action!!!!

Well lets see what comes next ..... thanks again

dix