Jobseekers diary

Gay_guy1986
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning Everyone!

This morning I sign on at 10.45am however I filled in my Jobseekers dairy and since I signed on last fortnight I have applyed for 14 Jobs and I written them down in my dairy, will that be ok? or could Jobcentre send my Jobseekers to a decision Maker?

I only heard back from 1 by email as I apply by jobs by email (sending my cv attached) and It states in the email that I have been Unsuccessful, I am trying to get a job but not a lot of Jobs in the last past week.

Any advice would be great thank you. :-)

Morning Everyone!

This morning I sign on at 10.45am however I filled in my Jobseekers dairy and since I signed on last fortnight I have applyed for 14 Jobs and I written them down in my dairy, will that be ok? or could Jobcentre send my Jobseekers to a decision Maker?

I only heard back from 1 by email as I apply by jobs by email (sending my cv attached) and It states in the email that I have been Unsuccessful, I am trying to get a job but not a lot of Jobs in the last past week.

Any advice would be great thank you. smile.gif

Hi that it's tons . They only look for about 7-8 things in the book you will not have a prob !

Hi Flumps1976,

Oh yeah I deffo going to apply for the jobs what they give me as I don't want my jsa sanctioned but at the moment I have not had any jobs from them yet, Just my advicer at the work programme which I applyed for them!

If you attend work programme then you are only supposed to see the signing team at the JCP, all advisory support is to be provided by which ever provider you have been allocated to.

You adviser at Work Programme will set up an action plan with you which replaces the Job Seekers Agreement and that is what you are supposed to follow, the signing team are there to check that you are meeting at least the minimum requirements and weekly activities, but they can refer to an adviser if there any doubts that arise and the work programme will refer to dma if they have any doubts over your job seeking activities.

Since a few months ago Jobcentre is now checking everyone JSA Dairy even though people still getting help from the work programme, when I signed on this morning a notice was on the desk stating this:

Warning to people who are on the work programme, when you attend for your signing on day please make sure you bring your dairy with you to your appointments and to show proof of what you done to activity seeking work, if you fail to provide this your benefits will be suspended!

Looks like the goverment is really getting tough now

Since the the new sanction regime started on 22nd October the emphasis has been put back to the customer to show evidence of their jobsearch at every adviser appointment or signing intervention. This is ready for the intoduction of Universal Job Match on the 19th November.

Universal jobmatch isn't just about matching to jobs, it will log every time you log on to the account to help prove that you are actively seeking as per te Job Seekers Agreement, and it will also show what jobs have been applied for via the account, so if a vacancy is matched and not applied for it will show up immediately!

Wow that sounds like its going to be a great tool for sanctions, but wait isnt the jobs already listed a bit erm, out of date, inaccurate or just not suitable? Wonder how the system is going to work , waiting tables listed on job advert turns out to be a strip joint for example?

Wow that sounds like its going to be a great tool for sanctions, but wait isnt the jobs already listed a bit erm, out of date, inaccurate or just not suitable? Wonder how the system is going to work , waiting tables listed on job advert turns out to be a strip joint for example?

If anyone gets matched with a job at a strip joint, I urge them to do something I would not normally recommend: contact the Daily Mail.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

As a Daily Mail reader (only because I can red arrow the plonkers who get in a tiz about things) I have even applied for a job on that paper.

I find having to do things under the threat of sanctions very draconian and very counter productive.

As I posted on a couple of threads myself and a friend sat and came up with a string of jobs to apply for which we would never be shortlisted for, let alone have the experience of.

Currently on the Reed jobsite there are jobs advertising £22-50,000 a year being Mystery Shoppers or making money from Facebook/other online media. When you click on that it takes you to another website where it wants your bank details - a big no-no for most people, and those that do enter them here may find that they have money taken - nothing so far has been reported but the Jobcentre locally sent out a warning about entering bank details on job applications.

Fair enough to make sure people are applying for 'real' vacancies with a 'real' chance of employment but NOT to 'make them suffer for the money' which seems to be the newer way of looking at benefits - forgetting the origin of the word - from Latin bene - meaning for the good of everyone.

Benefits now has become a battleground for the moral minority and the moralistically motivated majority who think they can 'change the world to their way of thinking'.

Well, for the moralistically motivated majority one day you will be in need and who will then listen to you? The Big Society is not working on the level Cameron and his mates wanted, and come the next General Election the 'middle classes' will react accordingly, the only things I can find in Cameron's favour is that he is beginning to cut foreign aid to countries who are clearly sorting themselves out, and he does not seem to be a war-mongerer.

the only thing I can find in camerons favour, is the fact that i hope he gets a hiding to nothing at the next GE....however, whoever, or whatever we replace these 'born to rule' fools with I cannot see anything changing for the better...the labour party now seems to be a centre to slight left leaning of the Conservative party, whilst the libdems who have sold this nation down the river by siding with the Cons will never be trusted again, after persuading the young vote by promising 'no tuition fee rise' then going back on that has left them unelectable for generations...so the only thing we are left with to put our cross against are the smaller parties such as UKIP or Greens..neither of which fill me with any confidence..the future looks bleaker by the day!!