style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Rossendales have a liability order against my husband & I for our council tax arrears.

We paid some money direct to council following a doorstep call 20/10/12.

We received a notice 7/11/12 (dated 5/11/12) saying that we had 5 days from date (so 10/11/12) to either pay in full (we can't)

or if we want more time to return an I/E statement to them or they will come in and seize goods.

We're not disputing that we owe the money,

but this is insufficient time to put together the I/E statement & get it back to them.

We could pay some more - can we pay this direct to our council or do we have to pay Rossendales?

Also, in the face of this liability order, do we have to let them in to do a walking possession?

C1 - letter requesting refund of PPI (£2875.60 before interest, £3281.38 with interest) 16/08/07

C1 - letter requesting refund of charges (£48.00 before interest, £54.11 with interest) 16/08/07

C1 - £48.00 credit to card account as 'goodwill gesture'

you dont have to do either

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Pay the council direct using their online system, send them notice in writing that this is what you are doing, and make sure you pay regularly every week, a sum that you can afford you can tender at the counter, if they refuse payment get the apparatchik refusing the payment to sign to that effect as they must by law accept a legally tendered payment, this note will come in handy when you need to send in a Formal Complaint later.

As to Dossendales, keep them out, you don't have to let them in to levy to secure the payment they may claim you must let them in or no arrangement, that opens up a whole new avenue of exiting (for the bailiff) fees, charges, and engineered default so they can add more fees. There is no law that says you even have to speak or deal with a bailiff, move any motor away, and keep windows and doors locked. keep him out and the maximum he can charge, no matter what he claims is £42.50. this is a well trodden path, and it is a waiting game, as he only gets those 2 visit fees. he will eventually go away when he realises you won't play with him and awallow his threatening mind games.

He cannot force entry at this stage, even if he threatens, locksmiths prison, the gorgon etc.

Edited by brassnecked

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

You say you can't afford the amounts you're being asked to pay. It's the regularity of the payment not the amount that gets you in their good books. I'm not talking about the bailiff, they can take a hike.

As said above, pay the council direct using online system.

Of course this is all assuming the bailiff has not already been in your house and got a levy.

He hasn't - yet. Did I read somewhere that they shouldn't attend except between 6 a.m. & 9 p.m. Monday-Friday?

C1 - letter requesting refund of PPI (£2875.60 before interest, £3281.38 with interest) 16/08/07

C1 - letter requesting refund of charges (£48.00 before interest, £54.11 with interest) 16/08/07

He hasn't - yet. Did I read somewhere that they shouldn't attend except between 6 a.m. & 9 p.m. Monday-Friday?

That is correct although extend the days to include a Saturday. You get Sundays off.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Carry on paying the Council and as Connff says in post#2 if you make regular payments of a set amount....eg: £10 every Monday you will soon build a history to not being a 'won't pay'. Take control of your situation and dig in..be prepared for the bailiff to call and tell you he's 'got the power' to do all sorts of imaginary horrible things to you but you must never forget there is no law that says you have to deal or even speak with him.

Never allow him entry to your home and remove anything of value from outside to prevent him getting a levy, especially a car, that needs to be parked a good 10mins walk away from your house. Aster a lot of shouting and threatening the bailiff will eventually get the message he is on a loser and he will move on to his next victim.

WD

as an addendum, if the bailiff turns up film him even with a mobile phone, through an upstairs window or letterbox to capture the threats an anger he displays, if he says you need his permission to film, he is lying, it may come in handy if you need to make a Formal Complaint

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thank you, people - I'm feeling a lot more confident about this after all this good advice.

I have spoken to the council, and they are saying that they want me to make payment to the bailiffs. At least now I know where I can stand my ground with these guys.

Thank you, people - I'm feeling a lot more confident about this after all this good advice.

I have spoken to the council, and they are saying that they want me to make payment to the bailiffs. At least now I know where I can stand my ground with these guys.

Whatever the council wants it is in your best interests to pay them direct and not the bailiff.