style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2536 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I stupidly took a loan out of £250 back in august 2011, i fell into financial difficulty and went to a debt advice company who wrote to this company stating that i could only afford £10 a month which I have paid every month since without fail, not to mention the large amounts they had taken out before I went to the Debt company. All in all I have paid a total of £590, I havent heard of this company since i arranged to pay the £10 a month, then today i received a phone call and text message stating they had tried to take out £175 from my debit card but were unable to do so, i called and stated that i had a plan in place, they then proceeded to tell me that they had not agreed to the £10 a month, and they were still adding charges i now still owe £560, i complained stating that i had paid the loan plus the interest they had charged at the time which was £375 and more, i have not received any letters or phonecalls to say that they had not accepted it, i have called the financial obusmen today who will now be taking on the complaint, do you think i have a chance of wining this case or will i be paying for this the rest of my life :-(

Hi

I stupidly took a loan out of £250 back in august 2011, i fell into financial difficulty and went to a debt advice company who wrote to this company stating that i could only afford £10 a month which I have paid every month since without fail, not to mention the large amounts they had taken out before I went to the Debt company. All in all I have paid a total of £590, I havent heard of this company since i arranged to pay the £10 a month, then today i received a phone call and text message stating they had tried to take out £175 from my debit card but were unable to do so, i called and stated that i had a plan in place, they then proceeded to tell me that they had not agreed to the £10 a month, and they were still adding charges i now still owe £560, i complained stating that i had paid the loan plus the interest they had charged at the time which was £375 and more, i have not received any letters or phonecalls to say that they had not accepted it, i have called the financial obusmen today who will now be taking on the complaint, do you think i have a chance of wining this case or will i be paying for this the rest of my life :-(

You borrowed £250 and they want £1150 for that debt? I'm not qualified to give advice here, but man, don't pay the leeches another penny. They are using you as a cash cow.

someone more qualified than me will be along to give you advice shortly im sure.

You borrowed £250 and they want £1150 for that debt? I'm not qualified to give advice here, but man, don't pay the leeches another penny. They are using you as a cash cow.

someone more qualified than me will be along to give you advice shortly im sure.

I have now cancelled the standing order, I just hope it doesn't come back and bite me, but at that rate I would have been paying it forever, 3 times yesterday I asked them to send me a copy of the contract with my signature on and there CCA they follow, also asked them to put everything in writing and to not call me, they stated they would still call so I told them to put that in writing aswell and guess what nothing from them yet :)

Read around the forum mate, there are some very good advices and template letters you can send them. Especially for the phone calls side of things. If you have requested they stop, verbally and or in writing and they keep doing it, its harassment.

I have read alot of posts on these forums and there is one theme throughout from the people on here who are in the know. That is "You only owe the original loan plus 1 months interest" and thats it.

Have a read around, im sure one of the more experienced forum members will be along to help in no time. Dont let the leeches bully you.