joesweetsllm

Tesco insurance legal expense policy - trying to avoid paying up

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2535 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I WOULD BE INTERESTED TO HEAR FROM ANYONE WHO HAS HAD PROBLEMS WITH TESCO HOUSEHOLD INSURANCE AND

THE LEGAL EXPENSES POLICY WHICH THEY SEEM KEEN TO REJECT. THIS STORY IS ALSO A WARNING AS IT SEEMS TO ME

THAT THEY ARE MISSELLING.

I DECIDED NOT TO RENEW MY INSURANCE WHICH HAD LEGAL EXPENSES COVER IN FEBRUARY 2012.

WHEN IT WAS DISCOVERED AFTER FEBRUARY THAT SOMEONE HAD BREACHED A CONTRACT BY DECEIT A FULL CLAIM WAS MADE. TESCO'S THEN SOUGHT TO AVOID PROVIDING LEGAL EXPENSES COVER BY REFERENCE TO THE PAGE 55

THAT A CLAIM IS ( a ) Is reported to us ( b ) During the Period of Insurance ( c ) BUT MISSING OUT immediately after

the Insured becomes aware of circumstances which could rise to a claim.

PROPERLY APPLIED LIKE ALL INSURANCE CONTRACTS ( b ) " DURING THE PERIOD OF INSURANCE " MEANS IN THE PERIOD OF INSURANCE BUT APPARENTLY NOT FOR TESCO'S.

THE WARNING IS THAT TESCO'S THEREFORE REQUIRE ALL ITS CUSTOMERS TO STAY WITH TESCO'S BY PURCHASING

NEW POLICIES YEAR AFTER YEAR IN ORDER TO BE COVERED FOR ANY EVENT THAT THEY DISCOVER IN THE SUBSEQUENT

YEAR. IF YOU DO NOT TAKE OUT A FURTHER POLICY YOU ARE NOT COVERED [ ACCORDING TO TESCO ] FOR THE YEAR

THAT JUST ENDED.

THIS SEEMS TO ME TO BE AN UNFAIR CONTRACT TERM AND ONE THAT IS PROHIBITED UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION DIRECTIVE IN THAT ANY FAILURE TO EXPRESS A POLICY PROPERLY WILL BE INTERPRETED IN FAVOUR

OF THE CONSUMER WHO CANNOT BE MADE SUBJECT TO SECONDARY OBLIGATIONS SUCH AS BUYING SUBSEQUENT

INSURANCE.

FURTHER IT SEEMS TO ME THAT FOR COVER TO BE WITHDRAWN THERE HAS TO BE A WARNING THAT THE COVER

WILL BE WITHDRAWN.

THE NEXT STEP IN THIS CYNICAL TACTIC OF AVOIDANCE BY SUPPOSEDLY PERSONS LEGALLY QUALIFIED, WILL BE

MERITS - BUT WE HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER DAY FOR THAT GAME.

IT SEEMS A RATHER CYNICAL AND SILLY MANIPULATION OF THE WORDING AS THERE IS NO MENTION WITHIN THE PROVISION " THAT A CLAIM MUST ARISE WITHIN THE PERIOD THAT THE INSURANCE POLICY PROVIDES COVER "

WHICH IS CLEAR ENGLISH. IT SEEMS AGAIN THAT THE TACTIC OF SPECULATIVE ATTEMPTS TO ATLEAST PUT OFF X% OF CLAIMANTS IN ORDER TO SAVE £X THOUSANDS OF POUNDS.

I'D LOVE TO HEAR OF ANY OF YOUR DEALINGS WITH TESCO'S INSURANCE AS THE SHOPS ARE USUALLY BRILLIANT

ON CUSTOMER SERVICES ETC [ HAVING JUST SAT DOWN ON THE COUNTER OF COMET AND REFUSING TO GET OFF

UNTIL THEY REPLACED A LAPTOP THAT THEY SAID THEY HAD FIXED AFTER 2 ADDITIONAL CHARGES AND 3 MONTHS

OF WAITING - HEY PRESTO LAPTOP BACK AND CHARGES BACK - WORKS EVEN BETTER IF YOU TELL EVERYONE WHO COMES IN NOT TO BUY FROM COMET AS THE AFTER CARE SERVICE IS CRAP ]

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO RING UP TESCO AND SAY THAT YOU ARE THINKING OF NOT RENEWING YOUR POLICY - WHAT

WOULD THE CONSEQUENCES BE - AND LET ME KNOW IF THEY ACTUALLY TELL YOU [ BUT KEEP IT RUNNING ].

MANY THANKS

Hi joesweetsllm

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

The person at Tesco who you spoke to has just got this wrong. As long as the reason for the legal dispute occured during the period of Insurance and you reported it to them, as soon as you became aware, then they should help you.

Make a complaint to them in writing, furnishing them with details of when the legal issue occured, when you became aware if it and when you reported it to Tesco.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread