style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a notice from Rossendales saying they intend to seize my goods within 24 hours unless I pay 1200 for unpaid council tax.

I wrote to Rossendales a while ago offering a payment plan (150) a month but had no reply. I stupidly left it at that.

They have never entered but my van, kept behind a locked 2m high gate is listed on a walking posession order. Is this valid even though I have never spoken to them or granted access to my property?

How should I handle this?

I just want to pay it off at a reasonable rate and not loose my van

is the van for business use if so levy could be argued

Start making payments Direct to the council using correct reference number

When was the levy on your van how many months ??could be considered an abandoned levy

keep bailiffs out

if you make payment arrangements with bailiffs they will do a walking possession order set the monthly figure too high so that you default and then they hit you with more fees and charges

payments to council is the way forwards on this

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Levy on the van was over a month ago.

Its for personal use.

I haven't ever been in when the bailiff called and the gate has always been padlocked.

Im really worried they'll take it

Id rather deal with the council but am very worried about my van

so van would not cover the debt and costs could be seen has been done to gain fees for the bailiffs

charges sound wrong how many times have bailiffs attended and what fees are listed

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

If you have a copy of the letter you sent to Rottendales you can use it to your advantage, start to pay the Council direct via their automated online system, make regular affordable and sustainable amounts each week on the same day eg: every Monday.....this will soon show you to be a 'want to pay' as opposed to a 'won't pay...write to your Council , tell them that due to the unreasonable behaviour of their appointed agent you no longer have any confidence to their ability to address the matter fairly, subsequently you will continue to make all future payments directly to them. Any fees alleged to be owed to the bailiff will be in need of close scrutiny and you require a full breakdown of them.

Move your van and if possible put it in a friends garage alternatively remove the registration plates and tax disc if it is 'off the road' and parked up during the day.

WD