Littlewoods debt, Arrows/Carter/Wetcloths - advice please

concorde
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I recently sent a Statute Barred letter to Bryan Carter on behalf of my wife as

she had received a demand for payment on an account that she thought was Statute Barred.

She received a reply from uncle Bryan today stating that the debt she referred to was not statute barred as she had made a £1 payment on the account in June 2008,

she does not recall making any such payment, nor does it show on our credit file

what should she do about it.

Bryan Carter are acting on behalf of Arrow Global.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did she send a CCA request for a copy of the agreement in 2008 and enclose the fee of £1 postal order?

That aside, you need to write to BC (by recorded delivery) stating you have no knowledge of the payment

and request they provide details of how, where and when the payment was made.

If you need help with the letter I can draft one for you.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Ahhh checking many threads at the same time at pres. no surprise here then, Arrow have a mountain of lemon debts that are SB or nearly so.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Ahhh checking many threads at the same time at pres. no surprise here then, Arrow have a mountain of lemon debts that are SB or nearly so.

As far as my wife remembers Arrow was not the original DCA chasing for the recovery of this debt owing to Littlewoods.

As somebody else has stated in there reply the £1 uncle bryan claims was paid in June 2008 was probably for a cca but she cannot remember.

Did she send a CCA request for a copy of the agreement in 2008 and enclose the fee of £1 postal order? That aside, you need to write to BC (by recorded delivery) stating you have no knowledge of the payment and request they provide details of how, where and when the payment was made. If you need help with the letter I can draft one for you.

This debt is so old that my wife cannot remember much about it,

yes it is possible that the £1 unlcle Bryan is refering to may have been for a CCA request.

Arrow Global was not the original DCA of this debt.

A draft letter would be most helpful,

thanks.

OK, will draft a letter and put on here later

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi, affixed is the letter. You just need to fill in addresses and reference no from Carter's letter. Make sure it all stays on one page. Send the letter by recorded delivery and keep a copy for yourself - check on the royalmail website a few days after posting to print off the signed for receipt and staple it to your copy of the letter- keep in a safe place in case we need it later.

Do you have a copy of the CCA request letter you sent in 2008?

Hi, affixed is the letter. You just need to fill in addresses and reference no from Carter's letter. Make sure it all stays on one page. Send the letter by recorded delivery and keep a copy for yourself - check on the royalmail website a few days after posting to print off the signed for receipt and staple it to your copy of the letter- keep in a safe place in case we need it later.

No unfortunately not I think that it would have been put through the shredder some time ago as my wife probably did not expect this debt to reserect itself again.

Thanks for letter.

Edited by concorde

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

just to keep you up to date regarding my last letter sent to Bryan Carter.

I have today Wednesday received the following reply:-

We thank you for your communication regarding this account.

We have referred the matter back to our client and will revert to you as soon as we are in receipt of instuctions.

In the meantime,

we confirm that we have placed the account on hold.

Ha, they know they've been rumbled ! they will be perfectly well aware what that £1.00 payment was for.

Yes they been rumbled but how many fall for it.

It's not until you find sites like this one and learn about what is going on in the debt collection industry.

Yes I agree how many people do fall for this trick.

This actual debt goes back some 8 or more years ago and I believe it was a dca called scot call who first got involved with the debt.

Until my wife started getting letters we had never heard of Arrow Global Guernsey.

• 9 months later...

Hi one and all,

my wife has started receiving demands for full payment for an old account that she has been paying £1.46 a month for since I don't know when,

they have even offered to reduce the debt.

Are they allowed to make such a demand in view of the fact that payment has been paid on regular monthly basis.

if wetcloths are offering a disount

that means there is something WRONG

with the debt

you need to find out WHAT

who's the OC

and have you ever sent them an SAR

and have you ever sent the fleecers you are paying a CCA request?

blindly paying a debt for many years is never a good idea

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if wetcloths are offering a disount

that means there is something WRONG

with the debt

you need to find out WHAT

who's the OC

and have you ever sent them an SAR

and have you ever sent the fleecers you are paying a CCA request?

blindly paying a debt for many years is never a good idea

dx

In answer to your questions

I will do my best to give you a response.

The OC is Arrow global Guernsey, that's to say this is what is given in the letter from Wescot's,

no SAR has ever been sent,

yes a CCA request was sent a long time ago.

My wife agreed to pay £1 a month many years ago in fact more than 6 + years ago,

then as time went on this payment increased to £1.46

the last payment via standing order was in June 2013.

My wife recently sent a statute barred letter as she did not recognise the debt.

Edited by concorde

Arrow Global their main business is debt purchase and they often use Westcott for collection purposes,which indicates Westcott do not own the debt,and Arrow Global will have purchased the debt from Bank/Credit Card Company etc etc.

If you have been paying Westcott as you indicate then statute barred will not apply

You say you made a CCA request,what was the result, or did they not reply?

Have you been receiving statements from Arrow or Westcott,you should receive a copy each year,this is an absolute minimum?

As dx states there is something wrong with the account,so the CCA result is a good place to start

FS

sar the original creditor too

this smells

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Arrow Global their main business is debt purchase and they often use Westcott for collection purposes,which indicates Westcott do not own the debt,and Arrow Global will have purchased the debt from Bank/Credit Card Company etc etc.

If you have been paying Westcott as you indicate then statute barred will not apply

You say you made a CCA request,what was the result, or did they not reply?

Have you been receiving statements from Arrow or Westcott,you should receive a copy each year,this is an absolute minimum?

As dx states there is something wrong with the account,so the CCA result is a good place to start

FS

Hi FS,

as I have stated to DX my wife does not remember who the original OC is.

She has not received a single statement in all the years that she has been paying this debt.

The other factor in this saga is that the standing order is being paid to Brian Carter,

I think I have lost the plot.

So who is collecting this debt??