Driving with no insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm after some advice. Yesterday whilst driving home I was stopped by the police for having no insurance. I wasn't aware I did not have insurance, it had been cancelled due to a default payment and me having moved house missed the letter.

My car was seized, and I now require insurance to get it back. I have stated IN10 and 6 points and £200 fine for yesterdays date on the online form, but there is nowhere to say it has been seized. What do I do? I have found insurance, whilst stating these offences do I need to do anything else?

Many thanks

Make sure when you get insurance on the net that you can download a certificate and you will need to produce it.

Some insurance companys only post it out and won't email it either.

As for your question, no need to do anything else. You only need declare what you have.

Thank you for your help.

I have just had a strange phone call from motor quote direct telling me I need a special insurance note for an impounded vehicle, and it will cost me £350 for 28 days to be insured?? Is this the case? Do I need to tell the insurance company the car has been impounded?

many thanks

As much as insurance companies will try to sell you extra documentation, your original "Cover Note" should be fine.

It's how I did it. Take your license, insurance certificate and MOT certificate to the police station, the desk seargent checks it all out then gives you a slip to take to the thieving pikeys that make £150 a time by nicking people's cars, legally for the police.

Car is returned after you pay said caravan clubbers, and all is well.

I'm sorry to be a nuisance, but I'm really confused. Did you just purchase a standard insurance and take it to the police station? I'm worried as there is no question online to ask is the car seized, and what if I get to the police station and they don't let me take the car?

As much as insurance companies will try to sell you extra documentation, your original "Cover Note" should be fine.

It's how I did it. Take your license, insurance certificate and MOT certificate to the police station, the desk seargent checks it all out then gives you a slip to take to the thieving pikeys that make £150 a time by nicking people's cars, legally for the police.

Car is returned after you pay said caravan clubbers, and all is well.

Insurance companies state online that "This policy is not suitable for releasing an impounded vehicle" for the simple fact that they lose money when scumbags take a policy out and cancel it within 14 days cooling off period, after they've got the car back from the pound.

My circumstances were different, my car was insured, but I wasn't. So, me and my partner at the time went to the police station with both our driving licenses, I turned over the insurance certificate to the woman on the desk, she checked the policy was live and that my partners license was good to go along with the other paper work and off we went to the pound to collect it. No hassle.

The police are only interested in the vehicle being insured when it's driven out of the pound. Hence, you take your certificate in.

There's no question about impounding on their websites because they say that it's not a suitable policy to remove your car from the pound. But in reality, it is and the desk seargent will treat it as same and give you your ticket to fetch the car out.

Thankyou very much for all of your help

Insurance companies state online that "This policy is not suitable for releasing an impounded vehicle" for the simple fact that they lose money when scumbags take a policy out and cancel it within 14 days cooling off period, after they've got the car back from the pound.

My circumstances were different, my car was insured, but I wasn't. So, me and my partner at the time went to the police station with both our driving licenses, I turned over the insurance certificate to the woman on the desk, she checked the policy was live and that my partners license was good to go along with the other paper work and off we went to the pound to collect it. No hassle.

The police are only interested in the vehicle being insured when it's driven out of the pound. Hence, you take your certificate in.

There's no question about impounding on their websites because they say that it's not a suitable policy to remove your car from the pound. But in reality, it is and the desk seargent will treat it as same and give you your ticket to fetch the car out.