trevor89

Previous bank has passed my debt on to debt agency.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2536 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello to everyone,

I have received a letter marked 'Private & Confidential' at my previous address about 3 days ago,

there was nothing else to say it was from a debt collection agency, just an return address.

Upon opening this there were 2 letters one from my previous bank,

which I stopped using about 10 years ago, & one from a debt collection agency.

The letter from my previous bank stated that they had passed/sold my debt to a debt collection agency

& the other letter was from the debt collection agency stating they had taken over the debt.

Both of these letters are marked the 1st November 2012.

I phoned the debt collection agency to query the letter,

I gave them my previous address that the letter was addressed to along with the reference number on the letter along with my name.

I had a conversation with a female operator regarding this account & was told it concerned a debt from 2002 which I am paying a minimum amount to.

I do remember that if the debt is passed onto another party then this means that I do not have a legally binding contract with debt collector which I explained to the operator.

She then said that as the bank, my previous bank, had sold the debt onto them & that I had to now start paying them.

I explained that I have no contract with them & therefore I don't owe them anything.

I also stated that I would be looking into the legal implications regarding this & would get back to them later.

The operator then suggested that I speak with C.A.B. regarding this so as to save money & when I call back I would need to arrange to make payments.

I politely to her that I would decide who to talk to about this & said my good byes.

I would like some advice as to my next step bearing the following;

The letter/debt was sent to a previous address, relative,

Should I give them my new address,

As the debt is from 2002 & was with a previous debt collector surely this should have been struck off,

I have in the past talked to various advice centres such as C.A.B. & they said that I should continue paying even though the debt is over 6 years old, because I was still paying them.

thank you all in advance.

send an sar to the original cfeditor

what was the debt and you've been paying for 6yrs+...

urm..

something smells here.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hi Welcome to CAG if the account is a loan or a credit card account that has been sold to this debt collection agency they have inherited the rights and obligations under the original agreement, so you now hav an agreement with them.

Your premis is I'm afraid misguided you gave been provided with a Notice of Assignment (NOA) stating the debt has been sold to the DCA.

If you have been making even min payments the debt is still live.

You have I think no alternative at this stage if you wish to contest but to give your new address.

BTW STAY OFF THE PHONE keep any contact in writting!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hello,

It's an old loan with my previous bank.

Since then I have had car finance through them even though I was no longer banking with them.

That newer loan I have already paid off, but this older one I'm still paying.

I will give them my new address & send them an income & expenditure form in the post.

However, if the debt itself is over 10 years old regardless of whether I am paying it or not surely this should be taken off as it will not appear on my credit list as its over 6 years old.

Can the DCA put this debt onto my credit file?

Regards

Is it there now?

I would guess not,so no they can't.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hello,

It's an old personal loan with my previous bank. Since then I have had car finance through them even though I was no longer banking with them. That newer loan I have already paid off, but this older one I'm still paying.

regards

have you been getting annual statements?

have they ever had you in court

tell us the full story.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

send them an income & expenditure form in the post.

You are not required to send a DCA a income and expenditure breakdown of your private finances, only a Judge had the right to see this information.

Please keep off the telephone, what they say to you on the telephone, they will never commit to in writing, they only want you on the phone to lie, cheat, bully, threaten and intimidate you into paying more than you can afford.

If they ring you, refuse to go through the security questions and say "in writing only" and hang up.

Keep everything in writing so you have a paper trail, grab a folder.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you